Author Topic: Al Qaeda in Afghanistan could threaten U.S. homeland within two years, Pentagon warns  (Read 1094 times)

Online libertybele

With every Jose. Juanita, Aabid and Yasmin coming over the border, I think it'll be sooner.

Al Qaeda in Afghanistan could threaten U.S. homeland within two years, Pentagon warns

Al Qaeda in Afghanistan could regenerate and plot terrorist attacks against the American homeland within two years, possibly sooner if the insurgent Taliban overwhelm a fragile U.S.-backed government and take control of the country, top Pentagon officials warned Thursday.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, outlined the worst-case scenario as President Biden’s military withdrawal from Afghanistan was nearing its end.

All American forces are expected to be out of the country within several months, except for a small contingent of Marines tasked with guarding the U.S. Embassy in Kabul. The embassy could become a key symbolic target for Taliban fighters and jihadis.

With mounting evidence that the Taliban have maintained close ties with al Qaeda, a collapse of the Afghan government and subsequent Taliban takeover could produce a country that is ground zero for global Islamic terrorism — just as it was in the years leading up to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the U.S . ....................

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/17/al-qaeda-afghanistan-could-threaten-us-homeland-wi/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
See?

They should have listened to me.  I knew how to deal with the Taliban in Trashcanistan twenty years ago.

Seed their croplands with Co-60 and dioxin, shoot anyone trying to leave their borders.

Let them eat each other.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Let's see,here.

WHO do we want leading America if this happens,Harris,or Trump?

Reason #373 why we need to elect Trump in 2024.

Guess what happens if Harris is elected.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
See?

They should have listened to me.  I knew how to deal with the Taliban in Trashcanistan twenty years ago.

Seed their croplands with Co-60 and dioxin, shoot anyone trying to leave their borders.

Let them eat each other.

@Sled Dog

I can't honestly say I like it,but I see no other possible practical responses.

They bought it,so let them wear it. We are NOT responsible for anyone else's stupidity,and sometimes people just need to be killed as a public service.

Offline dfwgator

We Ain't Leaving.

Forever wars are back!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Let's see,here.

WHO do we want leading America if this happens,Harris,or Trump?

Reason #373 why we need to elect Trump in 2024.

Guess what happens if Harris is elected.

You mean "selected".   She has not been elected and she will not be elected.   Elections only count if they are honest.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You mean "selected".   She has not been elected and she will not be elected.   Elections only count if they are honest.

@Sled Dog

Point taken.