General Category > General Discussion

How to Possibly Save a Life

(1/3) > >>

ChemEngrMBA:
Denise Huber was on her way home from a music concert when her tire went flat on the Costa Mesa Toll Road.
She pulled over and no decent man would stop and help her, only a monster. I will spare you the grisly details but if a decent person had picked up the nail or screw while walking on a city street, or if a decent man had stopped to change her tire for her, she would be alive today. Denise was about 25 years old when she was brutally murdered.

This was in a parking lot this morning. I have always picked up road hazards, but now I do it in memory of Denise Huber. You have wives, daughters, nieces. Think of them and man up.

ChemEngrMBA:
PREVENT A REAR END ACCIDENT - HERE'S HOW

The National Transportation Safety Board's research showed that cars stop faster when the car in front of them has three brake lights instead of just two on right and left sides. Most drivers I have encountered while notifying them say they have "two brake lights."

How many years have cars been built with a center brake light? How many years have we all looked at cars in front of us braking, with three lights, including the center one, showing? And knuckleheads still haven't learned.

When I used to travel the freeway daily, I would write down on my yellow note pad "BRAKE LIGHT OUT" and honked to show my sign to the errant driver. I got tired of showing it and have been printing out BRAKE LIGHT OUT on 100 pound card stock in horizontal position using Paint. You get two signs per sheet of card stock.

I know not why but the center brake light is burned out on cars as much as right and left combined. At signal lights when we are side by side, I show the sign, and motion for the driver to roll down their window. Then I say "No Biden supporter helped you" and laugh. They ALWAYS laugh with me and agree.

Prevent a rear-end accident and have some fun at the same time.

It is fun to have fun but you have to know how. - The Cat In the Hat

ChemEngrMBA:
Afternote:  Yesterday I went out of my way to pull next to a young lady who had both left and right major brake lights burned out.  You can tell when the middle brake light illuminates and the right and left do not.

So I pull up, honk my horn and show her my BRAKE LIGHT OUT sign and say "both of them."  She flips me off and drives away. 

THIS is a Democrat, you can be certain.  They're habitually hateful and ungrateful, even when you're helping them.

Sighlass:
Now days women use themselves as bait to pull over good Samaritans usually with a thug or two in the background. I am careful who I help now days myself. 

libertybele:
We pulled up behind a red pick up truck the other day that was stopped in the middle of a m intersection on a green light, blocking traffic.  We honked our horn and she proceeded to honk her horn and waved to allow a vehicle in the left turn lane on the opposite side of the road to proceed.  When we honked again, she pulled half way over to the side of the road  ?? So ... there is no helping someone like that. Obviously not cognizant of the basic rules of the road, drunk, high or had some sort of health issue. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version