Author Topic: How to Possibly Save a Life  (Read 1361 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
How to Possibly Save a Life
« on: June 17, 2021, 02:43:17 pm »
Denise Huber was on her way home from a music concert when her tire went flat on the Costa Mesa Toll Road.
She pulled over and no decent man would stop and help her, only a monster. I will spare you the grisly details but if a decent person had picked up the nail or screw while walking on a city street, or if a decent man had stopped to change her tire for her, she would be alive today. Denise was about 25 years old when she was brutally murdered.

This was in a parking lot this morning. I have always picked up road hazards, but now I do it in memory of Denise Huber. You have wives, daughters, nieces. Think of them and man up.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: How to Possibly Save a Life
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 02:48:15 pm »
PREVENT A REAR END ACCIDENT - HERE'S HOW

The National Transportation Safety Board's research showed that cars stop faster when the car in front of them has three brake lights instead of just two on right and left sides. Most drivers I have encountered while notifying them say they have "two brake lights."

How many years have cars been built with a center brake light? How many years have we all looked at cars in front of us braking, with three lights, including the center one, showing? And knuckleheads still haven't learned.

When I used to travel the freeway daily, I would write down on my yellow note pad "BRAKE LIGHT OUT" and honked to show my sign to the errant driver. I got tired of showing it and have been printing out BRAKE LIGHT OUT on 100 pound card stock in horizontal position using Paint. You get two signs per sheet of card stock.

I know not why but the center brake light is burned out on cars as much as right and left combined. At signal lights when we are side by side, I show the sign, and motion for the driver to roll down their window. Then I say "No Biden supporter helped you" and laugh. They ALWAYS laugh with me and agree.

Prevent a rear-end accident and have some fun at the same time.

It is fun to have fun but you have to know how. - The Cat In the Hat
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:31:59 pm by DeerSlayer »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 12:57:48 am »
Afternote:  Yesterday I went out of my way to pull next to a young lady who had both left and right major brake lights burned out.  You can tell when the middle brake light illuminates and the right and left do not.

So I pull up, honk my horn and show her my BRAKE LIGHT OUT sign and say "both of them."  She flips me off and drives away. 

THIS is a Democrat, you can be certain.  They're habitually hateful and ungrateful, even when you're helping them.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 01:08:41 am »
Now days women use themselves as bait to pull over good Samaritans usually with a thug or two in the background. I am careful who I help now days myself. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 01:21:24 am »
We pulled up behind a red pick up truck the other day that was stopped in the middle of a m intersection on a green light, blocking traffic.  We honked our horn and she proceeded to honk her horn and waved to allow a vehicle in the left turn lane on the opposite side of the road to proceed.  When we honked again, she pulled half way over to the side of the road  ?? So ... there is no helping someone like that. Obviously not cognizant of the basic rules of the road, drunk, high or had some sort of health issue. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 02:56:32 am »
Now days women use themselves as bait to pull over good Samaritans usually with a thug or two in the background. I am careful who I help now days myself.

I stop for stranded ladies. Stranded anyone, but ladies for sure. Can't help it. Have to. Up in here it can be life or death.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 08:09:45 am »
I stop for stranded ladies. Stranded anyone, but ladies for sure. Can't help it. Have to. Up in here it can be life or death.

I understand, just saying I look the area over now days first. I just approach things with more weariness and I am armed. If the area is hoke, like next to something that can hide assailants close by, I might give it a pass. Perhaps have the wife (if she is in the truck w/ me) call the police. My Rambo days are long gone.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 06:17:44 pm »
I understand, just saying I look the area over now days first. I just approach things with more weariness and I am armed. If the area is hoke, like next to something that can hide assailants close by, I might give it a pass. Perhaps have the wife (if she is in the truck w/ me) call the police. My Rambo days are long gone.

So are mine... But around here, an old hillbilly is known to likely be armed, and in my case, that would surely be true... There's a 357mag that lives in the truck, right in the door pouch in a clip-holster... I would be stuffin that in my pants anytime I am getting out of the truck out in the sticks, and certainly so at night.

And the 30/30 lives in the seat scabbard... And my 45 is in my go-belt which I would already be wearing, or it would be hanging on the gun rack so... General rules about not messin with old hillbillies certainly applies to me. no percentage in general, and that holds true.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 07:46:55 pm »
Didn't vote for McCain, Romney or Trump. You?

You boast about voting for Hillary Clinton?  Are you kidding?
http://HatefulHillary.blogspot.com

http://Bidenisms.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 07:59:16 pm »

https://HatefulHillary.blogspot.com

https://Bidenisms.blogspot.com
False dichotomies lead to egregious errors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 08:01:22 pm »

Nah. Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton either. That tired binary crap don't play, and leads only to partisanship (a bane according to the Founders). So quit putting words in my mouth.

I vote ONLY *for* Conservatism.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 08:15:46 pm »

And what the heck did that quote have to do with this thread?

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 11:45:42 pm »
And what the heck did that quote have to do with this thread?

I don't remember now.  This room is so dead and devoid  of activity that weeks  or months pass between some exchanges.  Lots of things and ideas have passed during that time and context has been lost.

But back to helping others to be safe, if you're afraid, just keep driving and let a real man do the job.  I've been helping ladies in particular but sometimes gentlemen for decades now and I'm not about to stop. But then again, I don't live in Chicago or Detroit or Baltimore or some other Democrat craphole.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 12:42:42 am »
I don't remember now.  This room is so dead and devoid  of activity that weeks  or months pass between some exchanges.  Lots of things and ideas have passed during that time and context has been lost.

But back to helping others to be safe, if you're afraid, just keep driving and let a real man do the job.  I've been helping ladies in particular but sometimes gentlemen for decades now and I'm not about to stop. But then again, I don't live in Chicago or Detroit or Baltimore or some other Democrat craphole.

So first you call me a Clinton voter for no reason, and then you say I am afraid and should keep driving, even though this quote from above:

Stop your bullshit.