Author Topic: Slavitt: Pandemic Worse Because Trump Denied ‘Reality,’ ‘Squashed Dissent’  (Read 834 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Slavitt: Pandemic Worse Because Trump Denied ‘Reality,’ ‘Squashed Dissent’

Pam Key 16 Jun 2021

Former White House senior adviser on the COVID-19 response Andy Slavitt said Wednesday on CNN’s “The Lead” that former President Donald Trump denied “the reality of the virus,” which made the death toll in the United States much worse.

Guest host Pamela Brown said, “I’m going to turn to your book ‘Preventable,’ you outline how since the early days of the pandemic you and other top health experts warned the Trump administration how catastrophic this virus could be. Why do you think lives were lost because the Trump administration didn’t follow those warnings? ”

Slavitt said, “Well, look, is pandemics are hard, so if someone makes a real effort and is trying to help and makes a few mistakes, I think everybody forgives that. But there were a few things that the Trump Administration did that are very hard to get past. One was, as we know, his ability to deny the reality of the virus, which he did until such time as the NBA went out and the stock market went down, was real dangerous. So his ability to deny really hurt us. If he had just simply said, ‘Hey, we have a problem,’ we would have been in much better shape.”

He continued, “Then he squashed all dissent. There’s a part of the book where Alex Azar, the Head of Health and Human Services, wanted to say the word on ‘Fox & Friends’ that the virus wasn’t a problem but could deteriorate rapidly and because of that have the White House pulled him from the show and banned him from doing media for 45 days. So here we are in the middle of a global pandemic, and our Department of Health and Human Services isn’t allowed to talk to the press or the public. There’s a number of examples like that. I go through my conversations with Jared Kushner and with Debbie Birx, et cetera, which lets you see what’s going on on the inside.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/16/slavitt-pandemic-worse-because-trump-denied-reality-squashed-dissent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Uh Huh. Right. Bullsh*t.

How about hydroxychloroquine? How about UV treatments? Nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide?

The Mediots had a field day twisting and denying...They can't deflect us from seeing the damage THEY did.

(...and I had a grundle of posts slapped around on Fecebook and Twits'R'us before I just quit posting on either site.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.