Author Topic: Joe Manchin Phone Call Leaks and It Has Massive Implications  (Read 417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin Phone Call Leaks and It Has Massive Implications
By Bonchie | Jun 16, 2021 4:00 PM ET

Sen. Joe Manchin has been one of just two Democrats, along with Kyrsten Sinema, to continually say that they aren’t open to abolishing the filibuster. To this point, the filibuster has stood in the way of Democrats seeking to pass all manner of insane bills. Previously, I opined that Sinema seemed more resolute than Manchin regarding her position. Well, that may have been a good bet on my part.

A leaked phone call between Joe Manchin and a political advocacy group reveals the machinations being attempted by the West Virginian senator behind the scenes. Not only is Manchin signaling he’s open to abolishing the filibuster, but he’s also targeting specific Republicans to try to get the so-called January 6th commission passed.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1405214596814807040

The meeting was hosted by the group No Labels, a big money operation co-founded by former Sen. Joe Lieberman that funnels high-net-worth donor money to conservative Democrats and moderate Republicans. Among the gathering’s newsworthy revelations: Manchin described an openness to filibuster reform at odds with his most recent position that will buoy some Democrats’ hopes for enacting their agenda.

The call included several billionaire investors and corporate executives, among them Louis Bacon, chief executive of Moore Capital Management; Kenneth D. Tuchman, founder of global outsourcing company TeleTech; and Howard Marks, the head of Oaktree Capital, one of the largest private equity firms in the country. The Zoom participant log included a dial-in from Tudor Investment Corporation, the hedge fund founded by billionaire Paul Tudor Jones. Also present was a roster of heavy-hitting political influencers, including Republican consultant Ron Christie and Lieberman, who serves as a representative of No Labels and now advises corporate interests.

Joe Manchin admitting he’s a liar to a bunch of billionaires, corporate interests is pretty on-brand. For the life of me, I have no idea why West Virginians continue to believe this guy is anything other than the Democrat that he is. But he’s not even a Democrat with principles, far-left or otherwise. Rather, he’s a throwback to the crony-capitalist “blue-dog” wing, playing harmless moderate while always seeming to find a way to go against his constituents.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/16/joe-manchin-phone-call-leaks-and-it-has-massive-implications-n397717
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Manchin Phone Call Leaks and It Has Massive Implications
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:25:52 pm »
For the life of me, I have no idea why West Virginians continue to believe this guy is anything other than the Democrat that he is.
No WV Republicans believe a word Joe says. That's why we reject the "oh, he should just change parties already" talk.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 08:25:59 pm »
He's a snake.  He can't change his spots. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 08:53:25 pm »
Manchin is a Democommie.  Anyone trusts this fool will only regret it.

How he has managed to survive as long as he has in West Virginia is a reflection on just how bad it is in WV in terms of low volume knowledge voters in the state.  West Virginia has a history of selecting mediocre politicians.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:11 pm »
How he has managed to survive as long as he has in West Virginia is a reflection on just how bad it is in WV in terms of low volume knowledge voters in the state.  West Virginia has a history of selecting mediocre politicians.
As a WV voter for the past 25 years, I cannot disagree. We have a couple of good ones now in our Secretary of State and Attorney General, and my congressman isn't too bad, but family lineage counts for way too much here, and Manchin has the name recognition.

If this buffoon and crook hadn't been elected, starting in the 1940s, we wouldn't be deal today with his worthless, spineless nephew Joe.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 12:44:17 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 10:11:33 pm »
We have already seen what the re-invent America crowd intends and plans for America and it's future, and thus far its been a disaster.  The path is already strewn with ghastly abominations, severe corruption, the empowerment of our enemies and very detrimental moves to America, its security, its economy and its people.  God rejected, and those that hate us, invading us and taking His place.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions