Author Topic: Senate Unanimously Passes Bill To Make Juneteenth A Federal Holiday  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Senate Unanimously Passes Bill To Make Juneteenth A Federal Holiday
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 05:33:52 pm »
I don't Observe holidays that are associated with celebratory riots and acts of thuggery.

Pay more attention to what happened in 1776.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 05:36:55 pm »
Make 'em both then! I have no problem honoring Juneteenth with a holiday.

I do.

We already celebrate the events that led to the expropriation of Democrat property.

It's called "Memorial Day".

We really don't need another holiday based on the evils the Democrats have done in our history unless we're going to start teaching about the evils the Democrats have done throughout US history, staring with the Civil War, moving to the KKK and Mr. James E. Crow, and ending with the Welfare Reparations and Urban Razing Acts.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 05:45:31 pm »
Really? Do you really think a day off makes a big difference?

Right now there are 52 x 5 - 30 days (vacation)  = 230 days

Those ten federal holidays (New Year's, Milk Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving) comprise 10/230 = 4.348% of the federal payroll.

Add in Juneteenth as a paid holiday, and you get 11/230 = 4.783% of the payroll.

The difference is 0.435%.

If the federal payroll is 1,000 billion dollars, the public is paying $4,350,000,000 a year for LESS work.

Since there are only about 200,000,000 taxpayers in the country, that means each taxpayer is getting billed about $22 for these useless people to take a day off.

Those people want to take June 19th off, let them take a vacation day.  We're already paying for that.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 07:39:45 pm »
Rusty Jones Tolkinish,
Make 'em both then! I have no problem honoring Juneteenth with a holiday.

That's mighty white of yah, Rusty!
 :silly: :shrug: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions