Author Topic: 21 House Republicans Vote Against Awarding Medals To All Police Who Were At January 6 Riot  (Read 312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
21 House Republicans Vote Against Awarding Medals To All Police Who Were At January 6 Riot

Steven Hall
Contributor
June 16, 2021 11:38 AM ET

Twenty-one House Republicans voted Tuesday against awarding the Congressional Gold Medal to all police officers who defended the Capitol during the Jan. 6 riots.

The legislation for the medals received bipartisan support with a vote of 405-21. All votes against the legislation were from Republicans.

Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado was one of the congressmen who voted against the bill, and she accused Democrats of using the death of Billy Evans to score political points, according to The Denver Post. Evans, who is referenced in the bill, was killed on April 2 when a driver ran into him at a Capitol barricade.

“Once again Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats prove that there is no level they won’t stoop to. Using the death of an officer in April to try and score cheap political points is shameful,” Boebert said in a statement, according to The Denver Post. “I’m not here to play their partisan games,” said Boebert.

https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1404917854911225861

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/06/16/capitol-january-6-award-officers-medal-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Even the murderer who killed Ashli Babbitt?

Irony in the extreme.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even the murderer who killed Ashli Babbitt?

Irony in the extreme.

Yes.  If the shooter was a cop as they claim he is (I have my doubts), he gets a medal for murdering an unarmed AF Veteran.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Voting "no" is easy for this.

The cops opened the door.

The cops fired upon and killed unarmed civillians.

So they basically failed to do their job.   

They want gold medals for screwing up?  What are they, Democrats?

And only 10% of the GOP voted against this nonsense.   What's wrong with the other 90%?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why aren't the DC rats offering support to other cops wo are under attack daily by the anti American hoards in shitblue run cities around the country. This is just grandstanding with a obvious taint of hypocrisy we have come to expect from the "not Our Peoples" House
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Defund the police and get rid of the worthless golarbage. Cops and the justice system are corrupt and are more of a problem than a benefit.