Author Topic: Good news for Australia’s Barrier Reef you’ll likely not hear about in the media  (Read 271 times)

rangerrebew

Good news for Australia’s Barrier Reef you’ll likely not hear about in the media
16 hours ago

Dr. Peter Ridd writes on his Facebook page:

In 2016, there was a major bleaching event in the northern section of the Reef.

There were doom headlines around the world and Prof Hughes, who led the monitoring of the coral, famously tweeted“I showed the results of the aerial surveys of bleaching on the GBR to my students. And then we wept”

It is time to stop crying.

The worst affected area for that event, around Lizard Island where coral cover halved, has now totally recovered. It only took 5 years. The bleaching certainly caused the worst mortality in this area since records began in 1985. In this period, it had not been smashed by cyclones like other areas further south. In future posts I’ll show some other regions with huge natural changes in coral cover. All except the Swains region are at, or above, long-term average values. Some, like the Townsville region, are at near-record highs.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/06/15/good-news-for-australias-barrier-reef-youll-likely-not-hear-about-in-the-media/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
One of the reasons I went to college and got Emviromental degrees, and stayed in the environmental profession for over 30 years?

Back in the '60's(and earlier)s without air, water pollution, and unabated unrestricted dumping of toxic and hazardous chemicals? We lived in a world which was on a collision course of us living in a crib in our own shit.  I saw streams with fish kills, and air so smelly that it would make you nauseous.  What we as a society did generally between 1975 and 1995 was remarkable in allowing our society to safely co-exist with our technology. 

The sleazy MSM refuses to tell the truth, on how bad things actually used to be.  Now the pendulum has swung so far to the crazy, that even so called experts will not or refuse not to understand that we have reached point of diminishing returns as far as controls.  Their insane agenda has them hell bent to returning man to the 19th century.  And to be brutally honest?  The world as in 1800's mode can not sustain 8 billion people.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.