Author Topic: Navy Chief Dodges Questions on Ibram Kendi’s Extremism After Recommending His Book to Sailors  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Navy Chief Dodges Questions on Ibram Kendi’s Extremism After Recommending His Book to Sailors

Kristina Wong 15 Jun 2021

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday on Tuesday defended putting Ibram X. Kendi’s book How to Be an Anti-Racist on the Navy’s list of books every United States sailor should read, under grilling from Republican Study Committee Chairman Jim Banks (R-IN) at a House hearing.

Banks, a U.S. Navy reservist, began by asking Gilday if he agreed with Kendi’s past statements and views in his book that Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett is a “white colonizer” because she adopted two children from Haiti, and that capitalism is essentially racist.

Gilday responded, “Here’s what I know, Congressman. There’s racism in the United States Navy.”

Banks cut off Gilday, “It’s a yes or no question, Admiral. Admiral, you recommended that every sailor in the United States Navy read this book.”

Gilday responded, “I’m not forcing anybody to read the book. It’s on a recommended reading list.”

Banks then asked Gilday if he read the book, to which Gilday confirmed, “I did.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/15/navy-chief-defends-putting-ibram-x-kendis-book-how-to-be-an-anti-racist-on-reading-list/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

When I listen to the crap bureaucrats like this ‘navy chief’ vomit about racism and hear them repeat inanities like ‘our diversity is our strength’ all I hear is Marxist dogma.

They are all over the place now.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
When I listen to the crap bureaucrats like this ‘navy chief’ vomit about racism and hear them repeat inanities like ‘our diversity is our strength’ all I hear is Marxist dogma.

They are all over the place now.

This is what happens when you see a virus and don't spray Lysol on it immediately.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.