Author Topic: Third Time’s a Charm For Merrick Garland By Roger Kimball  (Read 180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Third Time’s a Charm For Merrick Garland By Roger Kimball
« on: November 20, 2022, 03:28:00 pm »
Third Time’s a Charm For Merrick Garland
Would Merrick Garland have wheeled out the old special counsel wheeze absent Trump’s announcement that he was running for president again?
By Roger Kimball
November 19, 2022

What do you suppose the chances are that Merrick Garland, Joe Biden’s attorney general and chief enforcer, is a student of Søren Kierkegaard? Pretty slim, I’d wager. But his announcement yesterday that he was getting the old band back together and appointing yet another “special counsel” to investigate Donald Trump made me think that he should take a gander at Repetition, a book that Kierkegaard published in 1843 under the pseudonym Constantin Constantius.

The book is an arch, hothouse affair, full of Kierkegaard’s mocking and self-indulgent philosophical curlicues. But the MacGuffin of the book—whether one can really repeat the events of one’s life and, if so, what significance that repetition has—is something Garland might want to ponder for himself. I don’t think I will be spoiling things by revealing that Kierkegaard—or at least his pseudonymous narrator—concludes that, no, “there simply is no repetition” in life.  

I don’t expect that would faze Garland. A man who can direct his Stasi agents to treat parents as domestic terrorists because they complain about the actions of their local school board is clearly made of strong stuff. Why not conduct an unprecedented raid on a former president’s home? Why not organize another political vendetta against him? 

Sure, this will be the third special counsel assigned to harass Donald Trump, the most investigated American president in history. It would be nice if Garland could lure Robert Mueller out from his Golden Pond activities to take on the attack against the once and possibly future president once more. I suspect, though, that Mueller is too deep in Bidenesque (or Fettermanesque) mental twilight to mount that steed again. Maybe Garland can harness up the despicable Andrew Weissmann, Mueller’s brain and primary dogsbody in the now thoroughly discredited “Russian collusion” delusion. 

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/11/19/third-times-a-charm-for-merrick-garland/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Third Time’s a Charm For Merrick Garland By Roger Kimball
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 06:57:10 pm »
It's obvious harassment via endless fishing expeditions to keep the sword over Trump's head. The focus of the investigation either has no evidence, in the case of the documents, or has been beat to death on the J6 committee.

Garland has made a major strategic error though. If McCarthy will drag out all the criminal dirt against the Biden family, the disparity  between the Bidens and Trump will simply make the Bidens look that much more criminal going into the '24 elections. Hopefully that committee will keep lobbing referrals and high-profile call for a special prosecutor to the DOJ as things come out.

If it gets too deep the Rats are going to have to cut their losses and seriously consider the 25th Amendment option, which would open up a Rat civil war, and that is what we really want. Garland appointing a SP for Trump will greatly assist that.
The Republic is lost.