Author Topic: Democrats Demands Justice Stephen Breyer Retire, Want Joe Biden to Appoint Replacement Before Aborti  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Demands Justice Stephen Breyer Retire, Want Joe Biden to Appoint Replacement Before Abortion Case

Wendell Husebø 14 Jun 2021

Democrats are demanding Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer retire so President Joe Biden can appoint his replacement before the Court hears abortion and Second Amendment cases and while Democrats have the majority, however slim it may be, in the U.S. Senate.

When Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was asked Sunday on CNN if Justice Breyer should retire, she said it is “something that I’d think about but I would probably lean toward yes. But yes, you’re asking me this question so I’ve just — I would give more thought to it, but I’m inclined to say yes.”

A Bloomberg reporter also drummed up the new messaging Monday, tweeting that “This is exactly why groups like Demand Justice have been trying to pressure Stephen Breyer to retire at the end of this term, to ensure Biden can pick a replacement while Democrats control the Senate.”

“SCOTUS is set to consider whether to restrict abortion rights and expand gun rights next year,” the reporter concluded. The abortion case is likely to be heard just before the 2022 midterms in June.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/14/democrats-demands-justice-stephen-breyer-retire-want-joe-biden-to-appoint-replacement-before-abortion-case/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I wonder how Breyer feels about this explicit statement that he's expected to operate as a mere instrument of progressive politics, even to the point of ending his career?  Obviously the sainted RBG didn't care for the idea that she was merely a political instrument, even though she basically operated that way for her entire tenure.

When the progressives make it personal by insisting that a specific justice retire I suspect normal human vanity kicks in.  At some level these justices probably flatter themselves that they are independent, fair-minded legal thinkers and they probably don't like being reminded that their marching orders do not include actual independent legal analysis.
James 1:20

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I wonder where they got the idea that Breyer would not vote to continue the murder of babies he's already voted in support of?

Look, this argument the Rodents are using that Breyer has to resign now because of some abortion case coming up is pure smokescreen, with smoke borrowed from an Auschwitz crematorium.   

The Rodents are demanding Breyer retire NOW, using any excuse they can think of, because they're afraid he'll pull a Ruth Bzzy Ginsberg trip and stay in office until he's dead, which may happen after the Rodents lose the Senate and can't get another one of their terrorist marxists installed.   

They remember how McConnell stymied Hussein's Garland gag, and thus getting Gorsuch on the panel.   They don't want a repeat.  They can't count on stealing elections forever, not since that swine Manchin won't vote to kill the filibuster.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:54:57 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.