Author Topic: Gas Prices Jump Again As Crude Oil Hit Highest Price in Nearly 3 Years  (Read 2450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gas Prices Jump Again As Crude Oil Hit Highest Price in Nearly 3 Years

John Carney 14 Jun 2021

The prices of gasoline and crude oil both moved higher on Monday, squeezing U.S. consumers in the grip of the strongest inflation in over a decade.

A barrel of Brent Crude rose to $72.88, the highest price since October of 2018. West Texas crude was trading around $70.90, also the highest since October of 2018.

Crude prices have been persistently climbing this year as global demand rises and U.S. investment in oil production is stymied by the Biden administration’s anti-fossil fuel policies.

Gas pump prices hit $3.08 on Monday, three cents higher than a week ago.

“Motorists are paying, on average, 37 percent more to fill up than the start of the year,” said Jeanette McGee, a spokesperson for AAA. “Prices for the rest of the month are likely to push more expensive, but if crude production increases, as forecasted, there is the possibility of seeing some relief at the pump later this summer.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/06/14/gas-prices-jump-again-as-crude-oil-hit-highest-price-in-nearly-3-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

We're hovering around $3.00/gal right now.  Prices I'm sure will continue to rise.  888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We're hovering around $3.00/gal right now.  Prices I'm sure will continue to rise.  888mouth
I'm jealous, we're hovering at $4.00 and that's at Arco, so probably hovering at $4.50+ at those 'Major' brands. So glad I got that 1.3% COL! Also in the wonderful state of Californisthan I am looking at a $140 registration fee for a friggin 15 year old car, freakin rape, oh yeah and $40 dollars to smog it.
The Golden State indeed, or rather the State of Golden Showers.

BassWrangler

Costs me $2.34 to go 100 miles in my electric car (100 miles * 26 kWh/100 miles * $0.09/kWh).

What is it costing you all with the gas cars now? Let's say 33 MPG, about 3 gallons for the same 100 mile trip, at $3/gallon that's about $9, $12 if you're in an area where it's $4/gal.

Offline Idiot

Costs me $2.34 to go 100 miles in my electric car (100 miles * 26 kWh/100 miles * $0.09/kWh).

What is it costing you all with the gas cars now? Let's say 33 MPG, about 3 gallons for the same 100 mile trip, at $3/gallon that's about $9, $12 if you're in an area where it's $4/gal.
How much was your electric vehicle?

BassWrangler

How much was your electric vehicle?

Less than the truck it replaced ;)

Online GtHawk

Okay now factor in what IC owners have to pay in gas taxes for roads and infrastructure, one of my pet peeves with EV's. I don't have a problem with EV's for those that they work for but it's not a level field on fee's, and for people that live in apartments charging just isn't realistic.

Offline thackney

33 mpg?  Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha....

F250 crew cab long bed with a 6.2L and only 126 mile commute (round trip)

Paid $2.64/gal.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 11:38:18 am by thackney »

BassWrangler

33 mpg?  Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha....

F250 crew cab long bed with a 6.2L and only 126 mile commute (round trip)

Paid $2.64/gal.

I was being generous. Most people get way less than that. my F150 got 16 MPG. So your made my point even stronger.

BassWrangler

Okay now factor in what IC owners have to pay in gas taxes for roads and infrastructure, one of my pet peeves with EV's. I don't have a problem with EV's for those that they work for but it's not a level field on fee's, and for people that live in apartments charging just isn't realistic.

The fees (taxes on gas, really) are a big part of why one person here reports $2.69 / gal and another reports $4/gal. I picked $3 to make my point because it's close to the median price right now. You can explore prices here:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap

Offline thackney

The fees (taxes on gas, really) are a big part of why one person here reports $2.69 / gal and another reports $4/gal. I picked $3 to make my point because it's close to the median price right now. You can explore prices here:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap

For the curious on fuel taxes:

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/consumer-information/motor-fuel-taxes/gasoline-tax

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/consumer-information/motor-fuel-taxes/diesel-tax

Offline Idiot

For the curious on fuel taxes:

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/consumer-information/motor-fuel-taxes/gasoline-tax

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/consumer-information/motor-fuel-taxes/diesel-tax
Holy cow....  California $1.07 a gallon tax on diesel and Illinois $.70 a gallon tax on gasoline.  Remind me to steer clear of those states....

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"

In California that trip would cost you $8.32 ($0.32/kwh).

BassWrangler

In California that trip would cost you $8.32 ($0.32/kwh).

Geebus, they get you coming and going there. I have fond memories of CA from my youth, but seems like the lefties have completely ruined it.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Yep, California of my youth was great...best schools, roads, and weather (at least the weather in Santa Barbara, Bay Area and San Diego)....even the "liberal" Gov. Edmund G. "Pat" Brown got the Central Valley Project done (Central Valley water/agriculture)...now the state pretty much wrecked. We are currently helping out my 83 y/o Mom who has 14 acres in the Central CA foothills, but we are planning our departure from CA soon.  Just got through moving my Mother-in-Law to assisted living in FL from the Monterey, CA area. Tragic waste of a formerly good state. Would be nice if the "State of Jefferson" movement would take over my Mom's area...but that is a long shot...political power remains with the S.F. Bay Area, L.A. and Sacramento.

BassWrangler

Yep, California of my youth was great...best schools, roads, and weather (at least the weather in Santa Barbara, Bay Area and San Diego)....even the "liberal" Gov. Edmund G. "Pat" Brown got the Central Valley Project done (Central Valley water/agriculture)...now the state pretty much wrecked. We are currently helping out my 83 y/o Mom who has 14 acres in the Central CA foothills, but we are planning our departure from CA soon.  Just got through moving my Mother-in-Law to assisted living in FL from the Monterey, CA area. Tragic waste of a formerly good state. Would be nice if the "State of Jefferson" movement would take over my Mom's area...but that is a long shot...political power remains with the S.F. Bay Area, L.A. and Sacramento.

I can remember living with my maternal grandparents for the summer - they lived in the suburbs of Oakland - and how beautiful it was. They lived in a subdivision up high on a hill, and at night you could see the twinkling lights below for many miles. It's one of the few memories I have from those days.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Just think what the price will be if the NGD gets any traction.

Basically forcing people to opt toward EV's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

If the GND gets any traction, we'll be dealing with a new great depression, and more worried about our next meal than energy prices.

Offline thackney

Ground?
God's Not Dead?
Natural Gas Dang'nt?
Gesta Normannorum Ducum?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 03:43:50 pm by thackney »

BassWrangler

Ground?
God's Not Dead?
Natural Gas Dang'nt?
Gesta Normannorum Ducum?

Green New Deal.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:10:52 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Green New Deal.

Big fingers, wrong progression of typing acronym.  He knew what I meant.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Big fingers, wrong progression of typing acronym.  He knew what I meant.   :cool:

I actually did not and a quick search left me wondering?

Acronyms are not obvious to some of us, particularly when it is already in another use and hard to think past it.  GND is ground on drawings I look at every day for decades.

It seems obvious after you said it and in context, but I could not make the leap.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:18:20 pm by thackney »

Online GtHawk

I call it dyslexic fingers .

BassWrangler

I kind of like your abbreviation better, because every time I see "GND" I think (electrical) "ground".