General Category > Economy/Business

Gas Prices Jump Again As Crude Oil Hit Highest Price in Nearly 3 Years

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
Gas Prices Jump Again As Crude Oil Hit Highest Price in Nearly 3 Years

John Carney 14 Jun 2021

The prices of gasoline and crude oil both moved higher on Monday, squeezing U.S. consumers in the grip of the strongest inflation in over a decade.

A barrel of Brent Crude rose to $72.88, the highest price since October of 2018. West Texas crude was trading around $70.90, also the highest since October of 2018.

Crude prices have been persistently climbing this year as global demand rises and U.S. investment in oil production is stymied by the Biden administration’s anti-fossil fuel policies.

Gas pump prices hit $3.08 on Monday, three cents higher than a week ago.

“Motorists are paying, on average, 37 percent more to fill up than the start of the year,” said Jeanette McGee, a spokesperson for AAA. “Prices for the rest of the month are likely to push more expensive, but if crude production increases, as forecasted, there is the possibility of seeing some relief at the pump later this summer.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/06/14/gas-prices-jump-again-as-crude-oil-hit-highest-price-in-nearly-3-years/

libertybele:
We're hovering around $3.00/gal right now.  Prices I'm sure will continue to rise.  888mouth

thackney:

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 14, 2021, 08:28:07 pm ---We're hovering around $3.00/gal right now.  Prices I'm sure will continue to rise.  888mouth

--- End quote ---
I'm jealous, we're hovering at $4.00 and that's at Arco, so probably hovering at $4.50+ at those 'Major' brands. So glad I got that 1.3% COL! Also in the wonderful state of Californisthan I am looking at a $140 registration fee for a friggin 15 year old car, freakin rape, oh yeah and $40 dollars to smog it.
The Golden State indeed, or rather the State of Golden Showers.

BassWrangler:
Costs me $2.34 to go 100 miles in my electric car (100 miles * 26 kWh/100 miles * $0.09/kWh).

What is it costing you all with the gas cars now? Let's say 33 MPG, about 3 gallons for the same 100 mile trip, at $3/gallon that's about $9, $12 if you're in an area where it's $4/gal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version