Author Topic: San Jose Mayor's genius plan to tax guns out of existence  (Read 1161 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

San Jose Mayor's genius plan to tax guns out of existence
« on: June 14, 2021, 06:43:06 pm »
San Jose Mayor's genius plan to tax guns out of existence

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/06/14/san-jose-mayors-genius-plan-to-tax-guns-out-of-existence-n396583

San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo is a man with big plans. As with many cities these days, San Jose has seen some mass shootings and Liccardo doesn’t plan to simply sit on the sidelines and wait for someone else to tackle the problem. Despite the fact that nearly all of the shootings that take place are the result of gang violence, using unregistered, illegal firearms, the Mayor plans to make law-abiding gun owners pay through the nose. But don’t say that he plans to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of the citizens of his city. Perish the thought! He would never do that. He just wants to charge an annual fee to anyone who happens to have a legally owned firearm and force all gun owners to carry mandatory liability insurance. See? Totally harmless, right? Okay… enough sarcasm. Let’s see what Mr. Liccardo is up to.

While my mailing address is "San Jose" and I am surrounded by San Jose, I do not live in San Jose. So I can't vote for or against Liccardo, much as I wish I could do the latter.

I believe the USSC has already struck down anti-gun laws that significantly burdened exercising one's Second Amendment rights. So this law, if passed, should be foredoomed to being struck down.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:45:51 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: San Jose Mayor's genius plan to tax guns out of existence
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:21:35 pm »
Yep, Am willing to be that the criminals refuse to pay the tax or get the insurance.

Any takers?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline AARguy

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:24:14 pm »
So glad I escaped CA (San Diego) and moved to Texas. Walk into a gun store, choose a gun, wait for the proprietor to make a phone call for a background check, then take your purchase home. No registration, no permit, no waiting period. And starting 1 September 21, all legal gun owners have "Constitutional Carry"... they can carry concealed or open freely.

FREEDOM REIGNS IN TEXAS!!!

Offline AARguy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 01:10:29 pm »
California bans guns. California taxes guns. Texas approves "permitless carry". California uses federal funds (partially originating in Texas) to pay off individual back rent. Federal taxes (partially originating in Texas) will be used to transport illegals into the USA.

Serious differences. Not the unified efforts of a single culture or country.

Can secession be far behind?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 02:25:33 am »
California bans guns. California taxes guns. Texas approves "permitless carry". California uses federal funds (partially originating in Texas) to pay off individual back rent. Federal taxes (partially originating in Texas) will be used to transport illegals into the USA.

Serious differences. Not the unified efforts of a single culture or country.

Can secession be far behind?
Yeah I'm pissed with California democrats, but playing the taxes partially originating game is just a not being real, there are lots of boondoggles as well as intelligent projects partially funded by taxes in California. Believe me I was as upset as anyone  that the Queen of Farts was able to insert such a ridiculous sum for California into the equally ridiculous stimulus bill, all it did was add to the burden of all Americans and will be squandered by the democrats on asinine projects and illegal aliens.