Author Topic: Microlino electric bubble car shows off latest prototype with slick-looking interior, folding roof  (Read 819 times)

Offline thackney

Microlino electric bubble car shows off latest prototype with slick-looking interior, folding roof
https://electrek.co/2021/06/11/microlino-electric-bubble-car-shows-off-latest-prototype-with-slick-looking-interior-folding-roof/
Jun. 11th 2021

The Microlino 2.0, an electric bubble car with a decidedly BMW Isetta-style design, has entered its final phase of development. The company is now showing off a nearly production-ready third prototype.

The latest prototype includes some major new updates that we haven’t seen on previous renditions.

Chief among them is the new interior. This straightforward interior design appears simple yet classy, and matches the cute, easygoing design of the exterior.

There are two digital displays in the pint-sized four-wheeled vehicle. The first is located behind the steering wheel for use as a main display for the speedometer and other readouts, while the second smaller display serves as an interior control screen for the climate control and other features.

The company decided to go with a center display instead of physical buttons because it will allow them to push new updates with additional features – something that would be much harder with physical controls....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Joe Wooten

Looks more like a freakin' death trap. A collision with an 18 wheeler would not even leave a greasy spot.

Offline Joe Wooten

Also, I'd bet my fat ass would not fit that seat comfortably......

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Might not be a bad ride to explore a putter around in the Back 40. 

But get on a road or highway in that rolling coffin?  Hell No.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://microlino-car.com/en/microlino

Powertrain

Power   11kW
Max. Speed   90 km/h
Acceleration   5sec. (0-50km/h)
Max. Torque   100Nm

Battery

Range   125km | 200km (optional)
Battery   8kWh | 14.4 kWh (optional)
Battery type   Lithium-Ion (NMC)
Charging   Houseplug or Type 2 wall box (max. 2kW)
Charging time   4 hours type 2 wall box or houseplug

Various

Curb weight   513kg (incl. battery)
Dimensions   2430mm x 1500mm x 1450mm
Seats   2
Trunk volume   220 liters
Vehicle category   L7e
Heating   included (1.8kW PTC)

BassWrangler

BassWrangler

It's slow. It has a crappy range. It takes a long time to charge. It's a death trap. Oh, and it's a tippy 3-wheeler like a reliant Robin.

It almost seems like the only purpose of this "car" is to provide fodder for uninformed troglodytes who just want to make fun of electric cars.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wow, only $14,650 suggested for a toy car that prolly has no heat or air, no range and no survivability. On the plus side it looks like when it winds down you can call your buddy that spent the money for a full size truck with air, heat, power and a full size bed that four guys can pick up the toy car and put in the bed for that embarrassing ride home. Got a full size dog? aint gonna fit, groceries? better shop several times a week instead of one trip, got valuables? With that easy open pop top not if you leave em in the car. I especially like the combo side mirror/headlight/turn signal and I bet the kids with baseball bats will too.

Nah, if I'm gonna fork over $15k it's gonna have to be for a real car, even if it's a few years old, I'll do my polluting the honest way and pass on the virtue signaling.

BassWrangler

Nah, if I'm gonna fork over $15k it's gonna have to be for a real car, even if it's a few years old, I'll do my polluting the honest way and pass on the virtue signaling.

That's what they should have named it: the Microlino Virtue Signal.