General Category > Immigration/Border

Farmers Beg Biden Admin. for Help After Illegal Aliens Destroy Crops, Wreak Havoc

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Farmers Beg Biden Admin. for Help After Illegal Aliens Destroy Crops, Wreak Havoc
By John Arthur | Jun 13, 2021 3:00 PM ET

On June 3, the American Farm Bureau sent President Joe Biden’s administration a letter begging for help after the surge in illegal aliens since January have “severely” impacted ranchers and their families by destroying crops, increasing crime, and causing other hazards. The letter was signed by Farm Bureaus from all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico.

The letter was addressed to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Agriculture Sec. Tom Vilsack, and Interior Sec, Deb Haaland.

“We have been listening to the concerns of our members and hearing how their livelihoods are being affected by the surge on the border. Farm and ranch families, many of whom have owned land for generations, are bearing the brunt of this unprecedented influx and have never seen a more dire situation,” the farmers wrote.

“They shared how their crops and property are being damaged, which in turn has caused financial hardship,” their letter continued. “For example, these landowners are experiencing cut fences, destroyed crops, compromised water sources, vandalism, litter on their property and more. Most importantly, the security and safety of these families are at stake given the current circumstances.”

Border crossings have surged to the highest records in nearly two decades, with more than 170,000 having been stopped in May by Border Patrol since January, according to Axios.

more
https://redstate.com/johnarthur/2021/06/13/farmers-beg-biden-admin-for-help-after-illegal-aliens-destroy-crops-wreak-havoc-n395952

libertybele:
Right.  Putting a call in to Biden for help is like putting a call in for help from Raymond Babbit, Pee Wee Herman or Kermit the Frog -- take your pick.

Fishrrman:
"the surge in illegal aliens since January have “severely” impacted ranchers and their families by destroying crops, increasing crime, and causing other hazards."

OK, folks.
I'm not from Texas, so I'm shootin' from the hip.
But...

Seems to me I read that in Texas (if nowhere else), property owners can legally use deadly force to protect their property (as well as their persons).
Is that correct?

If so, then what would happen if a number of Texas ranchers started shooting at invaders/destroyers on their land?

What would happen to them?

And... if the answer is "nothing" (because they had the right to do so under TX law), what would happen if more Texans did the same?

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on June 13, 2021, 10:02:37 pm ---"the surge in illegal aliens since January have “severely” impacted ranchers and their families by destroying crops, increasing crime, and causing other hazards."

OK, folks.
I'm not from Texas, so I'm shootin' from the hip.
But...

Seems to me I read that in Texas (if nowhere else), property owners can legally use deadly force to protect their property (as well as their persons).
Is that correct?

If so, then what would happen if a number of Texas ranchers started shooting at invaders/destroyers on their land?

What would happen to them?

And... if the answer is "nothing" (because they had the right to do so under TX law), what would happen if more Texans did the same?

--- End quote ---

If I recall (and it's been a really long time) there was a term used in CA and  TX called "Midnight Plantings".

mystery-ak:
Lara Trump: Americans on border ‘better arm up’… they may ‘have to take matters into their own hands’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/13/lara-trump-americans-on-border-better-arm-up-they-may-have-to-take-matters-into-their-own-hands-1088346/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version