Author Topic: Netanyahu out as new Israeli government approved  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Netanyahu out as new Israeli government approved
« on: June 13, 2021, 06:08:50 pm »

Benjamin Netanyahu loses his 12-year hold on power as Israel's parliament approves new coalition government

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57462470
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Re: Netanyahu out as new Israeli government approved
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 06:10:09 pm »
Netanyahu ousted from power as rival Bennett set to become Israel's new prime minister

Jerusalem (CNN) — With lawmakers' vote of 60 and 59, Naftali Bennett won a crucial vote in Israel's Knesset Sunday, ousting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- the country's longest-serving leader -- from office.

The vote set the stage for Bennett's swearing in as the country's first new leader in more than a decade.
This is a developing story. More to come

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/13/middleeast/israel-knesset-vote-prime-minister-intl/index.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 06:11:05 pm »
I read the other day an old BIbi ally would be taking the reins, but will await details.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 06:13:02 pm »
I read the other day an old BIbi ally would be taking the reins, but will await details.

Story is breaking news, should know more soon. @mountaineer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 07:13:55 pm »
It’s Official: Naftali Bennett Confirmed as New Israeli Prime Minister, 60-59
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2021/06/13/its-official-naftali-bennett-confirmed-as-new-israeli-prime-minister/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 08:25:44 pm »
It’s Official: Naftali Bennett Confirmed as New Israeli Prime Minister, 60-59
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2021/06/13/its-official-naftali-bennett-confirmed-as-new-israeli-prime-minister/

Wow, that is extremely close, especially with one absentee vote.

A huge change for Israel. I hope and pray that it is indeed a positive one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 08:36:10 pm »
I have a bad gut feeling about this and I really don't pay much attention to their politics. If Biden is congratulating, it ain't a good thing. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 10:02:17 pm »
Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
·
1h
Congratulations to Israel's new Prime Minister @naftalibennett

I look forward to working closely with him to prevent a nuclear Iran, to defend Israel’s sovereignty, and to strengthen the US-Israel friendship & alliance.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 10:37:57 pm »
I have a bad gut feeling about this and I really don't pay much attention to their politics. If Biden is congratulating, it ain't a good thing.

I have a gut feeling too.  We'll see how this turns out.

Hebrew names:
Benjamin  "Son of the right hand" 
Netanyahu  = (Hebrew: נְתַנְיָהוּ‎, "Yah/God has given" or “the Lord has given.”)
As Job learned "... the LORD gave and the LORD hath taken away ... Blessed be the name of the LORD" and ... "So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning"

Naphtali  "my wrestling" or "my struggle, my strife" 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 10:50:44 pm »
Iran has really had a good couple of years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 11:03:38 pm »
Gee, does Netanyahu remind you of anyone else?

Israel's Netanyahu pledges 'we'll be back' as record 12-year run as prime minister ends

Israel's parliament voted narrowly to approve a new government Sunday, with Naftali Bennett becoming the new prime minister, ending Benjamin Netanyahu's record 12 years in the office.

Bennett, representing the Yamina party, leads a coalition alongside the Yesh Atid party’s Yair Lapid. As part of the arrangement, the two men would split the term as prime minister, with Lapid expected to take over in two years, the Jerusalem Post reported.

"Thank you Netanyahu for a long service with many achievements for the State of Israel, for strengthening Israel's diplomatic status and security," Bennett said in Hebrew before the Knesset on Sunday, according to the Post’s Lahav Harkov.

Bennett’s address was regularly interrupted by shouting from Netanyahu’s supporters, while the outgoing prime minister sat silently in the audience.

Netanyahu, of the Likud party, will lead the opposition within the Knesset. He is also dealing with a corruption trial based on allegations of fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes. He followed Bennett's address with a speech of his own, in which he touted major developments during his administration. While he was in office, the U.S. moved their embassy to Jerusalem, recognizing the city as Israel's capital. Netanyahu also reached peace agreements with several Arab nations.

"We'll be back," Netanyahu predicted...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/israel-new-prime-minister-netanyahu-ouster

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 11:33:39 pm »
@=topic=439882.msg2445337#msg2445337 date=1623615944]
A huge change for Israel With  I hope and pray that it is indeed a positive one.
[/quote]
@libertybele

Netanyahu, a Jew, "ran" a Jewish country.  Now, the country is "run" by a Jew and an Arab in a combination government.  The "end times" are close.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 11:39:10 pm »
@=topic=439882.msg2445337#msg2445337 date=1623615944]
A huge change for Israel With  I hope and pray that it is indeed a positive one.

@libertybele

Netanyahu, a Jew, "ran" a Jewish country.  Now, the country is "run" by a Jew and an Arab in a combination government.  The "end times" are close.

I absolutely agree with you. Make your "peace" everyone.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 12:45:24 am »
A muslim governs with a Jew in Israel and it is END TIMES?  Please!!!!

The axiom about politicians that stay around too long begin to stink like the dead is a very true sentiment.  I think overall, Israel did well with Netanyahu.  He was no nonsense.  A true leader. 

Time will tell about the new coalition.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 01:25:31 pm »
NETANYAHU OUSTED AS ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER, BUT LOOMING NEAR TO REGAIN CONTROL
June 14, 2021   

After 12 years at the helm of America’s closest ally in the Middle East, rival politicians in Israel have formed a new government to remove the longtime Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.  He was removed from power on Sunday after the Israeli Knesset voted to form a new coalition government by a narrow 60-59 vote.  He was replaced by Naftali Bennett of the New Right party.

Israel was forced to hold four elections in just two years after attempts to form a coalition government repeatedly failed with Netanyahu in charge.  This latest narrow victory results in Naftali Bennett leading a government comprised of a diverse array of eight different parties.

Opposition leader Yair Lapid, a former TV news anchor, put together a coalition with Naftali Bennett, a former settler leader and hard-right religious nationalist who has called for the annexation of most of the occupied West Bank.
Bennett’s coalition spans the entirety of the Israeli political spectrum, including his New Right party alongside centrist and left-wing factions in the Knesset.  An Arab party, Raam, helped put Bennet’s coalition over the top.  The agreementmarks the first time an Arab-led party has joined forces in a governing coalition with Israel’s right-wing. ...

As a leader of the opposition, Netanyahu had made it clear he will do all he can, as quickly as he can, to bring down the shaky coalition that Bennett and Foreign Minister Yair Lapid have cobbled together.  One way for him to do so is to encourage the new illegal settlement construction. ...
DC Patriot
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org