Author Topic: Pelosi: 'I don't give up on Joe Manchin'  (Read 269 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: 'I don't give up on Joe Manchin'
« on: June 13, 2021, 02:18:09 pm »
Pelosi: 'I don't give up on Joe Manchin'
By Mychael Schnell - 06/13/21 10:00 AM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Sunday said she doesn’t “give up on [Sen.] Joe Manchin [D-W.Va.],” after the senator announced last week that he will vote against a sweeping bill to overhaul elections, putting the future of the legislation in question in the evenly-split Senate.

“I don't give up on Joe Manchin. When he was governor and Secretary of State in West Virginia he initiated many of the initial ideas that are in the HR 1, S.1, the For the People Act,” Pelosi told host Dana Bash on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Manchin, in an op-ed last week, announced that he would vote against the For the People Act, likely torpedoing the legislation in the evenly-split Senate.

Pelosi, however, said she thinks Manchin “left the door open,” and expressed optimism in the Senate’s chances of ultimately passing the legislation.

“I read the op-ed and you read a part of it, I think he left the door open. I think it’s ajar. I’m not giving up,” she said.

“I do know that he has certain concerns about the legislation that we may be able to come to terms on,” she added.

Pelosi also revealed that she has spoken to Manchin about the bill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/558189-pelosi-i-dont-give-up-on-joe-manchin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Pelosi: 'I don't give up on Joe Manchin'
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 02:50:53 pm »
Is Joe a valued member of the Democrat caucus, Or less valued than Omar D-Mogadishu
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 05:06:20 pm »
What's it to her?  Manchin's a Senator and Chucky's problem.  She won't face the problems that are within her scope, I.E. The "squad."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 01:18:17 am »
Joe Manchin votes with the Democommies on any key issue, and he is done in politics.  He knows it too!  The people of West Virginia will jettison him quickly if he does.