Author Topic: ‘View’ Libs Cheer, Defend NYT Writer Calling American Flag Racist, Triggering  (Read 250 times)

rangerrebew

‘View’ Libs Cheer, Defend NYT Writer Calling American Flag Racist, Triggering
Curtis Houck
June 9th, 2021 5:54 PM

On Wednesday, ABC’s The View played its part in the damage control operation to defend New York Times editorial board writer Mara Gay after she explained how she was “disturb[ed]” and frightened by the sight of American flags as a racist, a sign of white supremacy, and way of identifying Americans who support Donald Trump (and thus the kind of people that are supposed to be avoided).

The View’s voice-over announcer set the tone with a tease warning of “[t]he backlash over claims that the stars and stripes have been politicized into a symbol of power and intimidation for white Americans.”

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg opened the debate by describing Gay’s experience on Long Island over Memorial Day weekend as having “put things into a scary perspective for her” and proof that the flag has come to mean something other than “freedom.”

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2021/06/09/view-libs-cheer-defend-nyt-writer-calling-american-flag-racist

rangerrebew

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I would suggest if Gay is disturbed by the flag, etc, perhaps she should find a country she can live without being disturbed.

I listened to her, and my assessment was she was a Class A idiot.  But what can one expect with resources at the NYT, which has become a trash rag, worse than the tabloids at the super market.