Author Topic: Telemundo HIDES Kamala's Border Lies  (Read 150 times)

rangerrebew

Telemundo HIDES Kamala's Border Lies
« on: June 13, 2021, 04:20:28 pm »

Telemundo HIDES Kamala's Border Lies
Kathleen Krumhansl
June 9th, 2021 6:39 PM

Millions of NBC viewers and social media users across the nation watched as Vice President Kamala Harris openly lied, and cracked jokes to NBC’s Today host Lester Holt during a June 8th interview about her visit to Guatemala and Mexico. However, Telemundo's audience was treated to the crumbs- getting only an edited version of the exchange that purposely scrubbed her utter disregard for immigrants and the crisis at the southern border.

Look at what NBC aired, and how Telemundo sanitized the exchange for their viewers:

NICOLE SUAREZ:Just before flying to Mexico from Guatemala, Vice President (Kamala Harris) spoke with NBC News anchor Lester Holt about this issue in an exclusive interview. On several occasions, he asked her why she had not visited the border and this is what she answered:

KAMALA HARRIS: I care about this and I care about what’s happening at the border. I’m in Guatemala, because my focus is dealing with the root causes of migration.

…

LESTER HOLT: Just to quickly put a button, do you have any plans to visit the border?

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/latino/kathleen-krumhansl/2021/06/09/telemundo-hides-kamalas-border-lies