Author Topic: Rubio-Demings 2022 showdown could become most expensive Senate race ever  (Read 559 times)

Offline libertybele

With the most recent vote grab by the DEMS and Trump supporters thoroughly disgusted, and Rubio a part of the Gang of 8 and flip-flopping on issues, I think he's going to lose his seat.  Do I like Demming?  Nope.  Do I like Rubio?  Nope.  Will I vote for either?  NO!!!

A couple of things to consider; Rubio didn't win his home state against Trump. He's going up against a black female.  He hasn't proven since he won his senate seat that he is a conservative and that's not even factoring in his Gang of 8 affiliation!  He has 3 very big strikes against him.

Rubio-Demings 2022 showdown could become most expensive Senate race ever

A day after she launched a much-anticipated 2022 Democratic challenge against Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Rep. Val Demings spotlighted a surge in fundraising.

Sources close to Deming’s campaign said that Orlando’s first female police chief-turned-congresswoman hauled in roughly $1 million in the day after she declared her Senate candidacy.

"The outpouring of support I've received in the past few days has been humbling. Thank you from the bottom of my heart," Demings tweeted on Friday.

Democrats touted that the fundraising figure was an early sign of Demings’ momentum.

Her campaign on Sunday told Fox News that "the outpouring of support for Val Demings candidacy from across Florida shows that Floridians are ready for a Senator who can take on the tough fights. Marco Rubio doesn’t have the courage to fight for Florida."

But the candidate needs to quickly build her war chest, as Rubio had nearly $4 million in his campaign coffers as of the end of March. ................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rubio-demings-2022-showdown-could-become-most-expensive-senate-race-ever
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
They have to make it look like a fight before the steal.   They learned from their mistake in 2020, where the steal was totally transparent.

Rodent districts in Floriduh! are famous for having many more votes than voters, just look at what happened to Alan West.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

One of Rubio's other mistakes is that he left politics in the '16 race after he lost his home state and actually DeSantis took his spot for Senate election and then Rubio decided he wanted it back.  DeSantis went back to his House seat and then went on to become governor.

Rubio vowed that he was dropping out of politics...so the man truly has no credibility. 

I can't vote for the man.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:27:50 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
One of Rubio's other mistakes is that he left politics in the '16 race after he lost his home state and actually DeSantis took his spot for Senate election and then Rubio decided he wanted it back.  DeSantis went back to his House seat and then went on to become governor.

Rubio vowed that he was dropping out of politics...so the man truly has no credibility. 

I can't vote for the man.

The very first thing Rubio did in the Senate, after campaigning on immigration control, is to side with the other RINOs and try to get amnesty for the Invaders.  He shook hands with McStain and that kind of stench never wears out.

I'm hoping the Americans in Floriduh have enough sense to challenge him in the primaries and replace him with an American senator.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

The very first thing Rubio did in the Senate, after campaigning on immigration control, is to side with the other RINOs and try to get amnesty for the Invaders.  He shook hands with McStain and that kind of stench never wears out.

I'm hoping the Americans in Floriduh have enough sense to challenge him in the primaries and replace him with an American senator.

Yes, I mentioned his membership in the Gang of Eight.  Typically Senate incumbents don't have the money nor the political pull from McConnell that is needed for a challenge.

The only one that I feel is conservative enough and is qualified is Dane Eagle who surprisingly lost his Rep. seat.  Dane certainly doesn't have the war chest of money needed,  nor is he one of McConnell's cronies in order to defeat Rubio as the nominee.  McConnell and his dirty dealings along with the NSRC are reasons why incumbents rarely lose their nominations.

Offline libertybele

Good article on Marco and pretty darn accurate!  The absolute problem is Marco has NEVER stood his ground on any issue.

.........."One of the more interesting aspects of this matchup is how Rubio arrived at this critical time and place. It was not by paying his dues. No, like Faust, he made a deal with the devil to get here.

The beginning — and the high point — of his tawdry journey to today was Feb. 18, 2013, the day on which he appeared on the cover of Time magazine as The Republican Savior, with the subhead of “How Marco Rubio became the new voice of the GOP,” following his initial election to the Senate. Intelligent, well-spoken, attractive with an attractive family and a good back story as the son of Cuban American working-class immigrants, Rubio appeared to be the complete package in an evolving Republican Party.

I cannot think of that Time cover, and the hagiographic profile that accompanied it, without thinking that a Prescient John Greenleaf Whittier could have had Rubio in mind when he wrote, “Of all the sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.'”

But it never could have been, really. The problem, which Time’s reporters could have discovered easily enough by drilling down just a bit into Rubio’s earlier political career, is that while he presents well, is plentifully supplied with ambition and has a good eye for the main chance, he is totally lacking in principles and courage.

There is not space here to detail all of the times a seemingly resolute Rubio has folded under pressure, from Personal Injury Protection reform in Tallahassee when the trial lawyers abruptly brought him to heel to immigration reform in D.C. when Tea Party zealots made him crawl on his belly and ask for their forgiveness. Suffice it to say, Rubio has never taken a stand on a tough issue and held his ground. Not once....................

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/435376-mac-stipanovich-marco-rubios-faustian-bargain/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 11:12:56 pm by libertybele »