Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez says Breyer should retire from Supreme Court  (Read 617 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez says Breyer should retire from Supreme Court
« on: June 13, 2021, 02:50:55 pm »
Ocasio-Cortez says Breyer should retire from Supreme Court
By Mychael Schnell - 06/13/21 10:40 AM EDT

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Sunday said she thinks liberal Justice Stephen Breyer should retire at the end of the court's term, which could allow President Biden to nominate his successor and a Democratic Senate to confirm a nominee.

Pressed by Dana Bash on CNN’s “State of the Union” on whether the 82-year-old justice should retire, Ocasio-Cortez said “I’m inclined to say yes.”

“Just to be clear, you do think that Justice Stephen Breyer should retire at the end of this term?” Bash asked.

“You know I, it's something that I’d think about but I, I would probably lean towards yes. But yes, you're asking me this question so I've just, I would give more thought to it but, but I'm inclined to say yes,” Ocasio-Cortez responded.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/558193-ocasio-cortez-on-justice-breyer-retiring-at-end-of-term-i-would-probably-lean
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Ocasio-Cortez says Breyer should retire from Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 05:39:17 pm »
And I say the same for her.  Time for her to go!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 06:08:22 pm »
Yeah, you first, Sandy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 06:28:48 pm »
Well, that interview raises a significant question.

How can AOC devote more thought to the matter when thought is behind her ability?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 09:26:55 pm »
Prediction:

Breyer retires on the day after Election Day in November 2022 if the Rodents lose the Senate, and the Rodents will then rush through the confirmation process.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:43 pm »
And I say the same for her.  Time for her to go!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Agreed.  I also believe that the SCOTUS justices should have term limits -- I'm thinking along the lines of 10 years.  Lately their rulings (thanks mostly to Roberts) have become too politically motivated and they are not doing their jobs!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 10:53:00 pm »
Dumb wench actually is right on this one.  RBG is proof of that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 11:07:45 pm »
I support 12 Year limits on members of Congress- house and Senate- and no more than 20 for SCOTUS, maybe 15.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 11:14:21 pm »
I support 12 Year limits on members of Congress- house and Senate- and no more than 20 for SCOTUS, maybe 15.

Ok, I can go for that, but I lean more towards 15 for SCOTUS.  We definitely need term limits.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 01:21:21 am »
Term limits will happen when pigs fly.

90% of them are self serving, there to line their pockets with gold.