Author Topic: My Top 10 media lies: Goodwin By Michael Goodwin  (Read 96 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My Top 10 media lies: Goodwin By Michael Goodwin
« on: June 13, 2021, 01:46:38 pm »
 My Top 10 media lies: Goodwin

By Michael Goodwin

June 12, 2021 | 10:10pm | Updated

Another one bites the dust. Another media lie, that is.

The latest lie to die is the false claim the feds cleared Lafayette Park of protesters last year so then-President Donald Trump could hold a photo op. The Interior Department’s inspector general says police planned to clear the park so a contractor could install a fence, a decision unrelated to Trump’s walk to a nearby historic church burned in a riot.

If the debunking feels familiar, it’s not your imagination. Only the details differ from earlier cases where the media mob got it all wrong. Sadly, the truth usually emerges not because of the press, but despite it.

Take growing acceptance of the idea the COVID-19 pandemic started with a leak from a virology lab in Wuhan, China. The idea was always plausible, but the press and big tech declared it a “conspiracy theory” and snuffed it out of circulation.

But after China couldn’t prove the virus jumped from bats to humans, the lab-leak theory gained credence. Suddenly, it became acceptable to share it on Facebook, which appointed itself guardian of all that is proper in American discourse.
see also

The pattern is so pronounced that it’s easy to assemble your own list of Top Ten Media Lies. On mine, the recent cases involving Lafayette Park and the lab-leak theory are Nos. 8 and 9.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/my-top-10-media-lies-goodwin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34