Author Topic: Top Military Officer Clarifies Biden’s Threat Assessment: Climate Change – But Also China and Russia  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

Top Military Officer Clarifies Biden’s Threat Assessment: Climate Change – But Also China and Russia

A day after Joe Biden said the military told him as vice president that global warming represents America’s greatest threat, the Pentagon’s top officer offered a more traditional answer.
By Paul D. Shinkman
|
June 10, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
U.S. News & World Report

WASHINGTON, DC - JUNE 10: Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley speaks during a hearing with the Senate Armed Services Committee on Capitol Hill on June 10, 2021 in Washington, DC. The hearing was held to discuss the Defense Department’s Fiscal Year 2022 budget proposal. (Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

The military's top officer asserted on Thursday that the biggest threats the U.S. faces are China and Russia, a day after President Joe Biden recounted to American troops during a trip to the U.K. that military leaders told him climate change represents the "greatest threat to America."

"Climate change does impact, but the president is looking at a much broader angle than I am," Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a congressional panel Thursday morning. "I'm looking at it from a strictly military standpoint. And from a strictly military standpoint, I'm putting China, Russia up there."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-06-10/top-military-officer-clarifies-bidens-threat-assessment-climate-change-but-also-china-and-russia

rangerrebew

If Biden has no earthly idea what he's talking about, how can Milley "clarify" it? :shrug: