Author Topic: Message to Trump: This is why you lost the election By Douglas MacKinnon  (Read 1497 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Message to Trump: This is why you lost the election
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 06/12/21 12:00 PM EDT

There is a compelling scene in the 2014 blockbuster movie “Guardians of the Galaxy” in which the Peter Quill character, played by Chris Pratt, is threatened by the Yondu character, played by Michael Rooker. Yondu looks menacingly into Quill’s eyes and declares, “When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. ... I saved your life.” Quill screams back in his defense, “Oh, will you shut up about that? ... Normal people don’t even think about eating someone else, much less that person having to be grateful for it.”

Cut to the 2020 presidential election and, according to a forthcoming book by Wall Street Journal reporter Michael Bender titled “Frankly, We Did Win This Election,” then-President Trump angrily interrupted a policy meeting in the Oval Office to vent about Joe Biden by allegedly asking, “How am I losing in the polls to a mental retard?”   

That’s how, to begin with. To paraphrase Peter Quill, “Normal people don’t even think about calling someone else a ‘mental retard.’”     

Normal people don’t, but egotistical bullies who favor 1970s insults might have no problem spewing out a demeaning label that has made most people cringe for decades now. That’s one of the most important answers to Trump’s reported question: Live by the insult sword, die by the insult sword.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/557723-message-to-trump-this-is-why-you-lost-the-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

But, Doug, Trump didn't lose the election.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Trump has his limitations as far as his personality is concerned, no question.  Who else in the GOP has even a remote possibility of holding together the coalition of blue blood Republicans, libertarians, evangelicals, small business and working class men?  No one, that's who.

I have a friend who is a "Never Trumper" and he still has TDS even now. Before the election he assured me Biden would be a moderate, and now he can't admit he was wrong.

Offline Absalom

Message to Trump: This is why you lost the election
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 06/12/21 12:00 PM EDT
There is a compelling scene in the 2014 blockbuster movie “Guardians of the Galaxy” in which the Peter Quill character, played by Chris Pratt, is threatened by the Yondu character, played by Michael Rooker. Yondu looks menacingly into Quill’s eyes and declares, “When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. ... I saved your life.” Quill screams back in his defense, “Oh, will you shut up about that? ... Normal people don’t even think about eating someone else, much less that person having to be grateful for it.”
Cut to the 2020 presidential election and, according to a forthcoming book by Wall Street Journal reporter Michael Bender titled “Frankly, We Did Win This Election,” then-President Trump angrily interrupted a policy meeting in the Oval Office to vent about Joe Biden by allegedly asking, “How am I losing in the polls to a mental retard?”   
That’s how, to begin with. To paraphrase Peter Quill, “Normal people don’t even think about calling someone else a ‘mental retard.’”     
Normal people don’t, but egotistical bullies who favor 1970s insults might have no problem spewing out a demeaning label that has made most people cringe for decades now. That’s one of the most important answers to Trump’s reported question: Live by the insult sword, die by the insult sword.
------------------------
As the wise Heraclitus asserted, "Character is Destiny."
So who is Trump?
Why he's a reflection of the impulses and instincts of his 19th century Grand Pop Freddy,
a Man devoid of character who fled unified Germany in the middle of the night rather than
honor his military draft obligation. After returning many years later, he was confronted w/his
earlier behavior and threatened w/execution by firing squad. So he simply fled permanently.
While abroad, he managed saloons and brothels servicing the needs of the Gold Miners
of the Canadian Yukon as well as acted as commission agent (aka, pimp) for the prostitutes
who serviced those miners.
Later in life, he moved to NYC where he was a slum lord in Queens County at the turn of the century.

Offline goatprairie

Trump is incapable of self-reflection and self-correction. If after he lost last November, he would have (1) conceded to Biden (who legitimately won) and (2) promised to do better next time and stop acting like a 10 year old in an old man's body I would have considered voting for him again in 2024 despite misgivings.
But, of course, this is Donald Trump who believes he's never done anything wrong in his life. Trumpsters just don't get it....character matters, and insulting everybody and backstabbing supporters won't win you more votes no matter how right your policies are.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Victor observed:
"Trump has his limitations as far as his personality is concerned, no question.  Who else in the GOP has even a remote possibility of holding together the coalition of blue blood Republicans, libertarians, evangelicals, small business and working class men?  No one, that's who."

Yup.

That's why I feel vindicated to have said back in 2020 that Mr. Trump was THE ONLY one of the [many] Republican candidates who could beat o'er-the-hillary.

And it may hold true again in 2024. Ron DeSantis may have a chance, but that's all he's got right now. An outside chance.

At this point, the only chance the Pubbies have of winning again is... Mr. Trump... again.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I can tell, just from reading the headline, that the writer has his head up his ass.

Trump1.

And now, having read the pull quote, I'm sure.

Of course they do.

Normal people not only call retarded people retarded, maybe not to their face, but they use the word later, but they also call their friends retarded when they do something stupid.

RODENTS probably don't call people retarded, but that's because they have mirrors.

I caught up with an old high school friend some thirty years later.   She talk about her son, and how he was a high-functioning autistic.

I saw the photo.   The kid was clearly retarded.   I didn't say it to her, of course, but that was the correct word to use.  Feelings and all that.   But Trump said nothing wrong.

After all, Trump1 the election.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 11:13:05 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Trump is incapable of self-reflection and self-correction. If after he lost last November, he would have (1) conceded to Biden (who legitimately won) and (2) promised to do better next time and stop acting like a 10 year old in an old man's body I would have considered voting for him again in 2024 despite misgivings.
But, of course, this is Donald Trump who believes he's never done anything wrong in his life. Trumpsters just don't get it....character matters, and insulting everybody and backstabbing supporters won't win you more votes no matter how right your policies are.

Trump didn't lose last November.

The election was stolen.

And is there something wrong with calling the Rodent candidate a mental retard when the Rodent candidate IS a mental defective?

Are you people objecting to the use of the word "retard" because the term correctly refers to people who's brains failed to develop to adult stature, like Anthony Weiner and Hillary Clinton?   Perhaps the Rodents don't believe that the word "retard" applies to Biden because only retards get caught plagiarizing term papers in college and Neil Kinnock speeches decades later?...oh, wait...or that because Biden can't be retarded because his apparent retardation now is actually a form of degeneracy and the correct term Trump should have used was "degenerate"?

Trump won the election, hence the premise of the OP article is based on the Rodent's Big Lie, and is thus itself a retarded lie that only retards can swallow.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

Trump didn't lose last November.

The election was stolen.

And is there something wrong with calling the Rodent candidate a mental retard when the Rodent candidate IS a mental defective?

Are you people objecting to the use of the word "retard" because the term correctly refers to people who's brains failed to develop to adult stature, like Anthony Weiner and Hillary Clinton?   Perhaps the Rodents don't believe that the word "retard" applies to Biden because only retards get caught plagiarizing term papers in college and Neil Kinnock speeches decades later?...oh, wait...or that because Biden can't be retarded because his apparent retardation now is actually a form of degeneracy and the correct term Trump should have used was "degenerate"?

Trump won the election, hence the premise of the OP article is based on the Rodent's Big Lie, and is thus itself a retarded lie that only retards can swallow.
000hehehehe

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Victor observed:
"Trump has his limitations as far as his personality is concerned, no question.  Who else in the GOP has even a remote possibility of holding together the coalition of blue blood Republicans, libertarians, evangelicals, small business and working class men?  No one, that's who."

Yup.

That's why I feel vindicated to have said back in 2020 that Mr. Trump was THE ONLY one of the [many] Republican candidates who could beat o'er-the-hillary.

And it may hold true again in 2024. Ron DeSantis may have a chance, but that's all he's got right now. An outside chance.

At this point, the only chance the Pubbies have of winning again is... Mr. Trump... again.

If someone can beat Trump in the primary, then that candidate can also win the general election.  If Trump runs, howver, I doubt DeSantis or anyone else viable will run.  That is a shame, because I'd like to see someone challenge the man. 

Offline skeeter

If someone can beat Trump in the primary, then that candidate can also win the general election.  If Trump runs, howver, I doubt DeSantis or anyone else viable will run.  That is a shame, because I'd like to see someone challenge the man.
I'm hoping to hold the WH for awhile. If Trump has the best chance, and can take four more years giving VP De Santis a shot at another eight that would be ideal. I'd love to see the left suffer a collective stroke.

Unfortunately it will mean those republicans to whom Trump gives a wedgie will have to suffer for one more term.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:57:13 am by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm hoping to hold the WH for awhile. If Trump has the best chance, and can take four more years giving VP De Santis a shot at another eight that would be ideal. I'd love to see the left suffer a collective stroke.

Unfortunately it will mean those republicans to whom Trump gives a wedgie will have to suffer for one more term.

I'd settle for DeSantis 'kissing' The Don's ring at one of Florida's major rallies, promising a return to the Economic Trump Model, and a return to oil & gas pipelines and jobs.

Compared to Joe Biden, Donald Trump is a young man.  But, 78 is 78.  It's not the same as 70 or even 74.    :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

I'd settle for DeSantis 'kissing' The Don's ring at one of Florida's major rallies, promising a return to the Economic Trump Model, and a return to oil & gas pipelines and jobs.

Compared to Joe Biden, Donald Trump is a young man.  But, 78 is 78.  It's not the same as 70 or even 74.    :shrug:
I’ve got no problem at all with de Santis. Whomever has the best shot at defeating the rat fraud machine as soon as possible.

Offline Sled Dog

Agreed.

Nothing wrong with healthy honest competition.