Author Topic: One Shocking Chart That Has Farmers Trembling With Fear  (Read 765 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
One Shocking Chart That Has Farmers Trembling With Fear
« on: June 12, 2021, 06:24:45 pm »
Zero Hedge by Tyler Durden 6/12/2021

Readers know by now that the Western US is facing one of the most severe droughts in years. We've documented (read here & here) this spring of a "megadrought" sweeping across states like California and Nevada as risks of a second Dust Bowl increase by the day.

But in this note, let's dive deeper into the drought and how it's impacting farmers and the potential consequences it could have on crops. Meteorologists at BAMWX have published data on surface soil moisture over 20 years. Surface soil moisture is the water that is in the upper 4 inches and available for various types of plants. They found that the 2021 moisture deficit for early June is the worst it has ever been in two decades.

BAMWX's Vince Bryan says the moisture deficit in the soil is "a concern" as it may impact plant development. Soil moisture plays a crucial role in agricultural monitoring, drought and flood forecasting, forest fire prediction, and water supply management.

More: https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/one-shocking-chart-has-farmers-trembling-fear

Online roamer_1

Re: One Shocking Chart That Has Farmers Trembling With Fear
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 07:23:28 pm »
I don't think that's right - Or it ain't right up in here. Our spring is going according to Hoyle... Just had three days of slow, drenching rain. And the melt is slow, although a bout of high 80s and 90s coming up might change that. But the snow pack is largely intact.

Turned the manure pile  just a few days before the rain... Just turned it over - Didn't add water because it was wet enough internally andstarted heating up good soon after turning... Everything is glowing green...

Yet my area is part of the dark red supposedly.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: One Shocking Chart That Has Farmers Trembling With Fear
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 01:00:52 am »
I don't think that's right - Or it ain't right up in here. Our spring is going according to Hoyle... Just had three days of slow, drenching rain. And the melt is slow, although a bout of high 80s and 90s coming up might change that. But the snow pack is largely intact.

Turned the manure pile  just a few days before the rain... Just turned it over - Didn't add water because it was wet enough internally andstarted heating up good soon after turning... Everything is glowing green...

Yet my area is part of the dark red supposedly.  :shrug:
It's been dry up our way, with hardly any snow this past winter (never fired up the snowthrower, not even once). But we just got 5 inches of rain in our neck of the woods...in a series of storm cells lasting several hours. What didn't run off (or flood basements and streets/parking lots) hopefully soaked in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis