Author Topic: CO2 not Pollution but the Gas of Life  (Read 244 times)

rangerrebew

CO2 not Pollution but the Gas of Life
« on: June 12, 2021, 05:24:23 pm »
 Jun 04, 2021
CO2, Gas of Life; The EPA Disappears More Inconvenient Climate Data, Including 1930s U.S. Dust Bowl

CO2 not Pollution but the Gas of Life
By Joseph D’Aleo, CCM

I have always considered myself an environmentalist and conservationist. I worked on my doctorate in the 1970s with an atmospheric chemistry grant dealing with pollution.

In the post war boom, we had problems with air pollution from factories, coal plants, cars, inefficient home heating systems and incinerators in apartments.

We had air quality issues with pollutants like soot, SO2, ozone, hydrocarbons, NOx, and lead.  Smog events in Donora PA 1948 saw 6,000 of the 14,000 population suffer damaged lungs, and the great London 1952 event which led to 6000 deaths helped drive global action.

The problem was soot (particulates including carbon) and sulfur dioxide. When there is a fog with a low-level inversion preventing dispersion traps the particulates and the sulfur dioxide reacts with the water droplets to form sulfuric acid mist, which causes lung damage as well as damage to property. Today in a similar industrial boom with heavy coal use in places like China, they are experiencing similar issues.

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/new-and-cool

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum