Author Topic: Do you trust government guidelines for ANY thing?  (Read 614 times)

rangerrebew

Do you trust government guidelines for ANY thing?
« on: June 12, 2021, 05:20:34 pm »

Do you trust government guidelines for ANY thing?
June 8, 2021 by Robert

Let us remember that government guidelines (including the global warming idiocy) are often not based on science, but on a drive for political power.

This lady doesn’t
Jean S

I was skinny as a child. I was skinny as a young adult… but starting around age 25 I started gaining weight.

At the time I was following the absolutely stupid Federal government nutrition “guidelines” aka, the Pyramid diet. I ate mostly whole grains, then fresh fruits & veggies, with moderate amounts of proteins (meat, poultry, fish, & soy), 3 cups of milk a day plus other dairy, and small amount of fats. I almost never drink alcohol. I was at that time physically mobile and walked at least 5 miles a day (and often walks of 15 miles on a weekend) with frequent bike riding up to 20 miles a day. Despite all that I continued to gain weight, until I was 100 lbs overweight. No matter what I tried (increasing walking, very low fat diet as then suggested)… nothing worked at all.

Eventually the “guidelines” changed but it was harder by then to change my supposedly health behavior. I finally got so frustrated by not being able to lose weight I started going to doctor’s about it. I went for a few months to a diet support group where the leader insisted that what I wrote down I was eating in my food diary that I was lying. I was not lying. She also made totally unhelpful suggestions like “If you eat a whole chicken at a meal, eat half the chicken.” or “If you eat a whole pie, just eat one piece”. In my whole life I have never come close to eating a whole chicken in one meal or a whole pie… I only had 2 pieces of pie for Thanksgiving, and usually kept them small. I told her that, she claimed I was lying so… I quit going to that program.

https://www.iceagenow.info/do-you-trust-government-guidelines-for-any-thing/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Do you trust government guidelines for ANY thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 12:52:42 am »
nope. Not for food. I eat what makes me feel good. Since my late teens, I have noticed that a high protein diet, with animal fats, and some but not a lot of carbohydrates works best for me (just enough bread to soak up the juices from the meat, with butter, not margerine). Too many carbs and I get sluggish. I also don't eat on a schedule, but only when I am hungry (and even then ask myself if I am really hungry, or just bored).

If I am gaining weight, I eat a little less of everything (across the board), but mainly cut out some carbs. If I am losing weight that I don't want to lose, I eat a little more and treat myself to a little more dessert. But given a choice, I'd eat another 4-8 ounces of steak over even the best pie or cake, and that's just how my tastes run.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 03:03:35 am »
Nope. I trust nothing any government official says.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 04:46:36 am »
Nope. I trust nothing any government official says.

Ditto!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien