Author Topic: Please leave your guns at home for boot camp graduation, Parris Island officials say  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Please leave your guns at home for boot camp graduation, Parris Island officials say
Philip Athey

U.S. Marines with Papa Company, 4th Recruit Training Battalion, graduate aboard MCRD Parris Island.(LCpl. Samuel C. Fletcher/USMC)

Boot camp graduation in the Marine Corps is a joyous occasion, newly minted Marines finally getting the chance to bid farewell to sandpits and quarterdecks and strut around the parade deck showing off some dazzling close order drill maneuvers.

The natural inclination for any red-blooded American on this most joyous occasion may be to follow the lead of Will Ferrell in “The Other Guys” and pop off a few celebratory rounds from the family Colt .45. Or, if you have more of a foreign bent, a sleek Glock 19.

The staff at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina, however, is beseeching family members of newly graduated Marines — be the one, too — to not bring guns on base.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2021/06/11/please-leave-your-guns-at-home-for-boot-camp-graduation-say-parris-island-officials/

rangerrebew

Males and females should insure they have nose rings, ear rings, and  finger nail polish that match.  If the parading is too tough, amigos will be available.  There will be private rooms for recovery if any of the graduates are triggered by loud noises.  Women will placed in formation in such a way as to appear in any pictures taken to insure their inclusion is noticed. :thud:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerbrew

There is nothing new about this. I know of a couple of Special Forces Senior NCO's being stopped leaving Ft.Bragg,searched,and arrested for carrying a concealed weapon by the MP's. They even had NC CCW permits.

If you can't trust a senior SF NCO to safely carry and handle a weapon,WTH CAN you trust?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

@sneakypete

If you can't trust a senior SF NCO to safely carry and handle a weapon,WTH CAN you trust?

That's easy.  Any ex-member of antifa or BLM. wink777

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm flabbergasted that they even felt the need to tell people not to bring weapons onto a military installation. I can't decide if it's because the generations after mine have been so dumbed down, or just a case of PC virtue signaling...............six of one, half a dozen of the other.