Author Topic: Massachusetts lobster diver survives being swallowed by whale: 'I was completely inside'  (Read 768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Massachusetts lobster diver survives being swallowed by whale: 'I was completely inside'
'I was completely inside (the whale); it was completely black,' he said.
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

A commercial lobster diver says he was swallowed whole by a whale off the Massachusetts coast Friday but made it out alive with only minor injuries following the life and death encounter.

Michael Packard, 56, of Wellfleet, was released hours later from a Cape Cod hospital following his scary encounter with a humpback whale. He told WBZ-TV he was 45 feet deep in the waters off Provincetown when the attack occurred.

He initially thought the whale was a shark but realized he was wrong when he didn't feel any teeth or pain.

"All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black," Packard recalled Friday afternoon, according to the Cape Cod Times. "I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth."

"I was completely inside (the whale); it was completely black," he added. "I thought to myself, ‘there’s no way I’m getting out of here. I’m done, I’m dead. All I could think of was my boys, they’re 12 and 15 years old."

Packard said he thinks he was in the whale's mouth for about 30 seconds. He was able to breathe because he still had his breathing apparatus.

In an effort to save himself, Packard said he began shaking the whale's head before the animal surfaced and ejected him. In a Facebook post, he said the whale "spit me out" and that he escaped with bruises and no broken bones.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachusetts-lobster-diver-swallowed-whale
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think I have heard this story many many years ago
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I think I have heard this story many many years ago

...and to think he lived long enough to tell it!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

My advise - get thee to the airport & take the next flight to Ninevah.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
My advise - get thee to the airport & take the next flight to Ninevah.

My thought as well @skeeter.
James 1:20

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Call Me Ishmegurgitated.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Call Me Ishmegurgitated.
I was just foolin’ with that ‘from the heart of hell I stab at thee’ shtick.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I was just foolin’ with that ‘from the heart of hell I stab at thee’ shtick.

Aye Matey...  At $30/Lb. Lobster,.  hanging 10 on Moby's blow hole proably ain't the best "gig" in town.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.