Author Topic: Eighth-grade girl shames school board over shared bathrooms: ‘Everyone knows what a boy is, even you  (Read 1175 times)

Offline mountaineer

Eighth-grade girl shames school board over shared bathrooms: ‘Everyone knows what a boy is, even you’
June 11, 2021 | Tom Tillison
A 14-year-old student in Virginia shamed her school board over a proposed policy that would allow students “to use the [bathroom] facility that corresponds to their gender identity.”  ...

Eighth-grader Jolene Grover denounced Loudoun County Public Schools at a school board meeting for allowing “boys into girls’ locker rooms,” Fox News reported.

“Two years ago, I was told policy 1040 was just an umbrella philosophy and you weren’t going to allow boys into the girls’ locker rooms. But here you are doing just that,” she said at Tuesday’s school board meeting while wearing a shirt that read “Woman is female.”  ...

“Everyone knows what a boy is – even you,” she told school board members. “Your proposed policies are dangerous and rooted in sexism. When woke kids ask me if I was a lesbian or a trans boy because I cut my hair short, it should tell you these modern identities are superficial.”  ...
BizPacReview
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Related:
When the State Comes for Your Kids
Social workers, youth shelters, and the threat to parents’ rights
Abigail Shrier
June 8, 2021

Ahmed is a Pakistani immigrant, a faithful Muslim, and until recently, a financial consultant to Seattle’s high-tech sector. But when he reached me by phone in October 2020, he was just one more frightened father. Days earlier, he and his wife had checked their 16-year-old son into Seattle Children’s Hospital for credible threats of suicide. Now, Ahmed was worried that the white coats who had gently admitted his son to their care would refuse to return him.

“They sent an email to us, you know, ‘you should take your ‘daughter’ to the gender clinic,’” he told me.

At first, Ahmed (I have changed names in this essay to protect the identities of minor children) assumed there had been a mistake. He had dropped off a son, Syed, to the hospital, in a terrible state of distress. Now, the email he received from the mental health experts used a new name for that son and claimed he was Ahmed’s daughter. “They were trying to create a customer for their gender clinic . . . and they seemed to absolutely want to push us in that direction,” he said when I spoke to him again this May, recalling the horror of last October.  ...

It is not definitively known why many neurodiverse adolescents identify as transgender, but more than one scientist has pointed out the high rates of coincidence. As several autism experts have explained to me, those on the spectrum tend to fixate, and when a contagious idea is introduced to them—such as the notion that they might be a “girl in a boy’s body”—they are particularly susceptible to it.

As child psychiatrist and expert in gender dysphoria Susan Bradley said to me: “The messages these kids pick up [from trans influencers] when they’re online is, ‘We’re the only people who understand you. Your people, your parents, don’t really understand you.’ And it may be the first time in their lives that anybody has said to them, ‘We understand you. We know you. You’re okay. You’re just like us.’ And it’s powerful.” ...

Ahmed assured Seattle Children’s Hospital that he would take his son to a gender clinic and commence his son’s transition. Instead, he collected his son, quit his job, and moved his family of four out of Washington.

Was Ahmed’s reaction extreme? When I first heard it, back in October 2020, I wondered whether he hadn’t overreacted. But as a growing number of parents began contacting me with similar stories, and I delved into the state laws of Washington, Oregon, and California, I came to a different conclusion. Taken individually, no single law in any state completely strips parents’ rights over the care and mental health treatment of their troubled minor teens. But pieced together, laws in California, Oregon, and Washington place troubled minor teens as young as 13 in the driver’s seat when it comes to their own mental health care—including “gender affirming” care—and renders parents powerless to stop them.  ...
Full story from City Journal.

Get your children out of the public schools.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Eighth-grade girl shames school board over shared bathrooms: ‘Everyone knows what a boy is, even you’
June 11, 2021 | Tom Tillison BizPacReview

@mountaineer

everyone-knows-what-a-boy-is-even-you-

I am loving the HELL out of that one! I am hoping she decides to run for office when she is old enough!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A 14-year-old student in Virginia shamed her school board over a proposed policy that would allow students “to use the [bathroom] facility that corresponds to their gender identity.”

This young woman is now "marked" for life.
Or at least as long as she remains in the public school system.

Her parents ought to begin looking elsewhere for her future education.

Offline mountaineer

I believe she's being home schooled.