Author Topic: Coast Guard rescues 3 people, 2 dogs in inflatable pink flamingo raft off Alaska coast  (Read 1481 times)

rangerrebew

Coast Guard rescues 3 people, 2 dogs in inflatable pink flamingo raft off Alaska coast
The trio and 2 pups were apparently celebrating a 30th birthday when they became stranded
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

The U.S. Coast Guard in Alaska rescued three people and two dogs who had been floating on an inflatable pink flamingo after strong winds swept their raft onto offshore rocks Sunday.

The rescue occurred in Monashka Bay, which opens up into the Gulf of Alaska, near Kodiak, the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Alaska wrote in a post on Facebook.

Due to the treacherous conditions, the USCG and Alaska State Troopers determined a helicopter was needed to hoist the trio and two pups to safety. An MH-60 Jayhawk was deployed and carried them to shore.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alaska-coast-guard-rescue-inflatable-pink-flamingo-raft

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
An "inflatable pink flamingo raft?"
Is this what they're talking about?

Somehow, this doesn't look solid enough to be floating in the ocean off Alaska...

Offline rustynail

Looks like it was.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
An "inflatable pink flamingo raft?"

Somehow, this doesn't look solid enough to be floating in the ocean off Alaska...
Looks like an overgrown kiddie pool toy... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

I doubt the makers had anything but inland waters in mind for "enjoyment."  It takes a special kind of stupid to take it where they were. :headbang:

Offline roamer_1

Looks like an overgrown kiddie pool toy... :shrug:

I am predicting redneck revelry gone awry. The only thing standing against it is that nothing (to my knowledge) blowed up (the flamingo notwithstanding)  :laugh:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey I have no problem with people being stupid, but putting the dogs lives in jeopardy is unacceptable! I hope they are charged for the rescue, it might raise their IQ a couple of points the next time.........................nah!

Offline Idiot

If they would have ended up in the water they'd have survived for 5-10 min.  Idiots......

Offline Smokin Joe

I am predicting redneck revelry gone awry. The only thing standing against it is that nothing (to my knowledge) blowed up (the flamingo notwithstanding)  :laugh:
Well, there may have been alcohol involved, (dunno for sure), but there was NO mention of firearms, explosives, or other common denominators to good ol' boy revelry, at least not the likes of what you'd see in the lower 48. (and pink???) Whatever. It's the sort of thing tourists do and locals laugh about, or, in the worst case, solemly shake their heads over drinks...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Well, there may have been alcohol involved, (dunno for sure), but there was NO mention of firearms, explosives, or other common denominators to good ol' boy revelry, at least not the likes of what you'd see in the lower 48. (and pink???) Whatever. It's the sort of thing tourists do and locals laugh about, or, in the worst case, solemly shake their heads over drinks...

But that's what I am talking about... Back in the day, that'd be me on that stupid Flamingo... And there would surely be a long and convoluted story as to how I got in that embarrassing condition, not to mention my dogs (oh yeah... and the old lady)... It would no doubt involve a suitable amount of beer or maybe tequila, And some of it would be my own dang fault, but it will be because my buddy double-dog-dared me... And the old lady along  for the sole purpose of making sure I never ever forget it.

And of course, it ain't enough that I am in a situation I normally would not be caught dead in... But I get RESCUED, and now it's on film... it's on YOUTUBE, viral as hell... And of course the local news and the blue-haired old ladies' committee are getting it out on the wire locally...

BUT, in his favor, he didn't wake up hung over, alone and naked, covered in butter-flavored Crisco on that accursed flamingo. That's always hard to explain.  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

But that's what I am talking about... Back in the day, that'd be me on that stupid Flamingo... And there would surely be a long and convoluted story as to how I got in that embarrassing condition, not to mention my dogs (oh yeah... and the old lady)... It would no doubt involve a suitable amount of beer or maybe tequila, And some of it would be my own dang fault, but it will be because my buddy double-dog-dared me... And the old lady along  for the sole purpose of making sure I never ever forget it.

And of course, it ain't enough that I am in a situation I normally would not be caught dead in... But I get RESCUED, and now it's on film... it's on YOUTUBE, viral as hell... And of course the local news and the blue-haired old ladies' committee are getting it out on the wire locally...

BUT, in his favor, he didn't wake up hung over, alone and naked, covered in butter-flavored Crisco on that accursed flamingo. That's always hard to explain.  :laugh:
Nah...The ladies told him it was sunscreen (economy size) and left after they buttered him up. Yes, yer ornery, there was a little alcohol involved, but he ain't sore no place he oughtn't be... :shrug:

Most likely, You'd have been going down whitewater on that thing, and mebbe a waterfall. Not that couldn't add some notoriety if you survived.  :silly:

C S Lewis