Author Topic: Carville to AOC: ‘Do the Math’ — We Only Have a 50/50 Senate, ‘No One Is Playing Patty-Cake’  (Read 660 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carville to AOC: ‘Do the Math’ — We Only Have a 50/50 Senate, ‘No One Is Playing Patty-Cake’

Pam Key 10 Jun 2021

Former Clinton adviser James Carville said Thursday on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was wrong to say that Democrats attempting to compromise with Republicans was “playing patty-cake.”

Carville said Ocasio-Cortez and other Democrats who are complaining should “do the math” because Democrats did not have 60 votes in the Senate to move legislation alone.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1402666149985259522

Guest-host John Berman said, “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in the House, and she is not alone, she said she’s sick of playing patty-cake with Republicans. Other senators say the same thing. When you hear that, ‘We don’t want to play patty-cake with the Republicans,’ what goes through your mind?”

Carville said, “What goes through my mind is a lot of the people that are criticizing live in cooked plus 40 districts. There’s no chance they will lose to a Republican. That’s not the case with Kyrsten Sinema, that’s not the case with Joe Manchin, that’s not the case with a lot of people. If we want to expand our margins, we have to do it somewhere else other than the Bronx. We will win that. These political people have to live in real life. Look, we had two encouraging elections. If you look at New Mexico, where we are supposed to be doing bad, we ran ahead of Biden. We had a tough candidate that talked about crime and how she would deal with it. In Virginia, we had a remarkably high turnout. We got a lot of good Democrats elected in Virginia and won some primaries. The news is encouraging. If we go off the deep end, the same is going to happen to us that happened to us in 2020. No one is playing patty-cakes here. I’m talking about we didn’t pick up near as many Senate seats as we hoped to, and we lost House seats.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/10/carville-to-aoc-do-the-math-we-only-have-a-50-50-senate-no-one-is-playing-patty-cake/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
They had two encouraging elections?

They stole the 2018 House turnover and the reduction in the GOP lead in the Senate.

The stole the 2020 presidency and certainly seats in House and Senate that America would have won if the elections were honest.

Carville was right there, trying to help Gore steal those electoral votes in Floriduh, 2000.

Carville is right about the stupidity and political ignorance of the Squat, sure.  But my huskies had that figured out, too.

Huskies are smart dogs.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline LegalAmerican

AOC  and OMAR...are murdering people.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:22:04 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

The Democrats are murdering people.  Every day they obstruct a vote to halt abortion in the states, they're murdering babies.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
LegalAmerican:

christian:
I think the Chinese with the democrats and deep stater Fauci murdered far more. Of course they want to lie and blame shift that to Trump if they can get away with it.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions