Author Topic: Dems Melting Down Because It's Not Just Manchin and Sinema Objecting  (Read 718 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Melting Down Because It's Not Just Manchin and Sinema Objecting
By Nick Arama | Jun 10, 2021 8:30 PM ET

Some of the folks on the left have been seething at Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), viewing them as the blockers to Democrats being able to eliminate the filibuster and seize total power.

There’s no question that Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have been standing strong to protect the rules and defend the rights of the minority party.

But they’re not the only people, as some have pointed out, although they get most of the press. Democrats have a much deeper issue because some others are also not so happy with these efforts. But those Democrats are happy to remain more in the background and let Manchin be the bigger target taking the hits out there for the concept.

From Daily Beast:

But exactly who’s aligned with him, even discreetly, on another consequential question—whether to end the legislative filibuster—is less clear. Only one other Democrat, Sen. Krysten Sinema (D-AZ), has been as strident about keeping the Senate’s 60-vote threshold as Manchin. A handful of others, such as Sens. Mark Kelly (D-AZ) and Maggie Hassan (D-NH), have sounded concerned notes or have avoided answering the question entirely.

Some Democrats look at that and argue that Manchin, who has defiantly insisted he will not gut the filibuster under any circumstances, is publicly voicing concerns that this group agrees with privately.

“There are other Democratic members who share his reservations about eliminating the filibuster,” said Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), who strongly differs with Manchin on the issue. “Perhaps they’re less outspoken, and perhaps less vehement.”

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/10/dems-melting-down-because-its-not-just-manchin-and-sinema-objecting-n394858
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Dems Melting Down Because It's Not Just Manchin and Sinema Objecting
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 01:58:51 am »
They're nothing but worthless cowards if they feel that way and refuse to stand up and back Manchin and Sinema.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 07:13:53 am »
There’s no question that Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have been standing strong to protect the rules and defend the rights of the minority party.

That's not what they're doing.

They're covering their behinds, worried that the most massive voter fraud operation in history might forget thei exist when their turn for re-election comes up.

There's nothing admirable in a Democrat.

Manchin was one of the Rodents that voted, without a single dissent, to join Mitt Romney in the fake impeachment of President Trump, isn't he?

'nuff said.

Maybe Nick Arama has to start really thinking about the Stolen Election and why the election was Stolen and what the ramifications are of the most massive vote fraud operation in history before he starts praising the beneficiaries.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 12:12:59 pm »
AOC, Tlaib, Omar, et al., notwithstanding, it appears there's at least a handful of Democrat members of Congress - in both houses - who don't despise America and aren't actively working to destroy it in every single thing they do. Perhaps Manchin and Sinema are among those very few.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 01:31:57 pm »
AOC, Tlaib, Omar, et al., notwithstanding, it appears there's at least a handful of Democrat members of Congress - in both houses - who don't despise America and aren't actively working to destroy it in every single thing they do. Perhaps Manchin and Sinema are among those very few.

This is the very first time Sinema is doing something right.  Before she was my Senator, she was my Representative (since her District was created after the 2010 Census).  I don't understand her game here, she's usually lock-step with the Rat bosses. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 01:35:04 pm »
This is the very first time Sinema is doing something right.  Before she was my Senator, she was my Representative (since her District was created after the 2010 Census).  I don't understand her game here, she's usually lock-step with the Rat bosses. :shrug:

Sympathy for the Devil comes to mind!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 01:42:35 pm »
Sympathy for the Devil comes to mind!

If she actually sticks to her position on the filibuster, she'll be Censured by the AZ Rat Party for it.  Even though she's a firm supporter of HB/S 1, the "Democrats win all elections forever" law.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 01:46:29 pm »
If she actually sticks to her position on the filibuster, she'll be Censured by the AZ Rat Party for it.  Even though she's a firm supporter of HB/S 1, the "Democrats win all elections forever" law.

Gabby Gifford's husband worries me too.  The gun grab is strong in him.  He parlayed his wife's TBI into a sympathy vote and an election steal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 02:00:29 pm »
Gabby Gifford's husband worries me too.  The gun grab is strong in him.  He parlayed his wife's TBI into a sympathy vote and an election steal.

Yeah, Space Cadet is totally worthless.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 02:03:44 pm »
Yeah, Space Cadet is totally worthless.

“I, Mark Kelly, Ranger Third Class in the Captain Video Space Academy do solemnly pledge to obey my mommy and daddy, be kind to dumb animals and old ladies in outer space, not to tease my little brothers and sisters and to brush my teeth twice a day and drink milk after every meal.”