Author Topic: I am firm. I will charge and die for this! TAKE the bugs out of bug juice!  (Read 2177 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know they are just fruit flies. They won't hurt me.
Still I don't want to eat them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

One of the stranger polls...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One of the stranger polls...

It's a poll thread without a poll.  Cool, new ground.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

This is bug juice.

It has no bugs.
Are you licking windshields again?

Offline skeeter

Stop singing while peddling your bike.

Offline roamer_1

Stop singing while peddling your bike.

:silly:

I was riding in the back of a pickup down in Kansas... Standing up hanging onto the roll bar, going like the devil down the road... My cuz leaned over and said something funny and I opened my mouth to roar in laughter (it must have been something funny) ... and caught a june bug in the back of my throat at 60 mph...

Not so funny after all

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I was riding in the back of a pickup down in Kansas... Standing up hanging onto the roll bar, going like the devil down the road... My cuz leaned over and said something funny and I opened my mouth to roar in laughter (it must have been something funny) ... and caught a june bug in the back of my throat at 60 mph...

Not so funny after all

Yeah, I learned to keep my face shut while riding.  Always used a full chin helmet with face shield, solved a lot of it.  Still couldn't smoke, though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, I learned to keep my face shut while riding.  Always used a full chin helmet with face shield, solved a lot of it.  Still couldn't smoke, though.

Yeah... That's a part of the biker life I would not have thought about.... Maybe why helmets are more popular down south... Nothing like that up in here. I never worried about helmets and such... Not that I did much on (road) bikes anyhow.

Smoke, does it mess up that gypsy leather vibe when you catch one of them big ol corn moths right in the teeth?

@Smokin Joe

Offline skeeter

Not so funny after all
Dang those June bugs are rock solid too.

But how do they taste?

Offline roamer_1

Dang those June bugs are rock solid too.

But how do they taste?

Wouldn't know... I don't have taste buds on the back of my throat. and kickin it back, there was enough beer with it that it didn't matter. But I did get to barf on my cuz, because that's legal if you eat a june bug, so I took the option.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah... That's a part of the biker life I would not have thought about.... Maybe why helmets are more popular down south... Nothing like that up in here. I never worried about helmets and such... Not that I did much on (road) bikes anyhow.

Smoke, does it mess up that gypsy leather vibe when you catch one of them big ol corn moths right in the teeth?

@Smokin Joe
Never caught a corn moth, but I was riding past Buffalo, SD one year and got nailed by one of the largest grasshoppers I have ever seen. It hit right over my heart, and splattered me, but good--even got some on the goggles I wear. It took three rides through thunderstorms to get that mess off the cut...

I have been through mosquito swarms so thick I had to pull over and clean my goggles to see. Times like that, you kinda do a reverse pucker under the moustache and use it for an air filter...and blow the dead bugs out of your nostrils...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I had so many cicadas hit my windshield yesterday when I was out. Yuck!

Btw, some local ice cream shops are selling cicada chip ice cream. Apparently it tastes like shrimp.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:30:44 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

Never caught a corn moth, but I was riding past Buffalo, SD one year and got nailed by one of the largest grasshoppers I have ever seen. It hit right over my heart, and splattered me, but good--even got some on the goggles I wear. It took three rides through thunderstorms to get that mess off the cut...

I have been through mosquito swarms so thick I had to pull over and clean my goggles to see. Times like that, you kinda do a reverse pucker under the moustache and use it for an air filter...and blow the dead bugs out of your nostrils...

Makes me happy I stayed behind windshields for the most part

Offline libertybele

Rode on the back of hubby's motorcyle and got a bee caught in my jacket   -- does that count?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Rode on the back of hubby's motorcyle and got a bee caught in my jacket   -- does that count?
Yep! You bet!

I caught a wasp up the sleeve of my leathers once, and it stung me seven times on it's way to my armpit as I was shutting the bike down. Unlike a bee, a wasp gets multiple shots at you. I have worn gauntlets ever since.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis