Author Topic: LA Times Writer: Real Estate Listings Should Report Neighbors Who Own Guns  (Read 1277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 LA Times Writer: Real Estate Listings Should Report Neighbors Who Own Guns
June 9, 2021 By Gabe Kaminsky

A columnist at the Los Angeles Times, who previously authored a freak-out piece over her Trump-supporting neighbor who shoveled her driveway, now suggests real estate listings show the rates of gun ownership in a surrounding area.

Virginia Heffernan made headlines in February for a column likening Trump supporters to the terrorist group Hezbollah and Nazis. The basis for her piece was her bizarre anger over a conservative neighbor who was kind enough to plow the snow from her driveway. “Loving your neighbor is evidently much easier when your neighborhood is full of people just like you,” Heffernan wrote.

The writer received a great deal of backlash for her intolerant article, in which she pondered, “What do we do about the Trumpites around us?”

Now, she is back at it again, arguing that home buyers should be able to see gun ownership statistics on real estate listings and that guns and gun violence should have a “meaningful tax.”

“Real-estate listings should include prevalence of gun-ownership in a 50-mile radius and number of annual mass shootings in the region,” Heffernan wrote. “Time to change what a ‘bad neighborhood’ is.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/09/la-times-writer-real-estate-listings-should-report-neighbors-who-own-guns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

List neighbors who are moronic SJWs as risks for years of harassment and frustration.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Victoria33

I ignore California.  What is their gun policy right now?  May a person own a gun?  Are all guns registered in California so they know who has a gun?

Earlier in my life, when a school psychologist, in the summers I sold real estate; had a broker's license.  During that time, in Galveston, Texas, a real estate lady was killed when she went to a house for sale to meet a client.  After that, real estate sales people went in twos to houses, never one anymore.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
That would unfairly target those gun owners to theft of their weapons and public harm.

List the neighbors who don't own guns.   They're sympathetic to the criminals already.

I always thought there should be a national campaign for people, especially in the inner cities, to put signs on their lawn saying "guy next door has no guns".
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I know the Democommies and their lackies are just dying to eliminate all freedoms in the USA, but this person is an idiot.

Online mountaineer

A columnist at the Los Angeles Times
A complete joke of a publication, if it employs such idiots as writers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More brilliant idea's from a liberal to try and make law abiding citizens life miserable.  Their evil oozes over America like gut barrel juice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

Might be better to know where the section eight housing is located.

Offline PeteS in CA

List neighbors who are moronic SJWs as risks for years of harassment and frustration.

Now I think about it, real estate listings should definitely inform potential buyer if there is a "journalist" or "reporter" living in the neighborhood! Because they're such founts of ignorance and stupidity. yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Slide Rule

I prefer the direct method of warning criminals which houses are safe zones.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:46:16 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I ignore California.  What is their gun policy right now?  May a person own a gun?  Are all guns registered in California so they know who has a gun?

I am not an expert on CA gun laws, but I can probably list a few of the egregious ones.

Rifles with removable magazines must be modified to require breaking down the gun (using a required tool) in order to change the mag.  This affects more than just AR15s because it's all rifles.  Magazines can be no larger than 10 rounds, rifles and pistols.  I have no idea about the requirements for transporting a firearm.  CA does not have CCW reciprocity. 

There's "owning" and "carrying."  Carrying concealed requires a permit, and CA is a "May Issue" State, so every time a County elects a Democrat Sheriff, all CCW are allowed to expire because they won't approve anybody but their best buddies.  I don't know if a Permit to Purchase is required (like in IL).

Yes, all guns are registered in California (not sure about antiques).  They go the extra step of matching up the list of registered gun owners with the Medical Marijuana card holders.  If they get a match, Police will eventually show up at your door to disarm you.  They also keep tabs on the VA's psych patients so the Police can knock on a door and confiscate the weapons right away with no prior hearing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Criminals would love this idea as they would know exactly who to target
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

Up in here it goes without saying. I don't think I know anyone that doesn't own a gun... And I would be hard pressed to think of someone who owns under four.

pistol, shotgun, brush gun, big game gun. Everybody. Bare minimum.

Offline LegalAmerican

lol. Not....hard.....to......identify. 

Offline LegalAmerican

I prefer the direct method of warning criminals which houses are safe zones.

Love it !    :mauslaff:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Up in here it goes without saying. I don't think I know anyone that doesn't own a gun... And I would be hard pressed to think of someone who owns under four.

pistol, shotgun, brush gun, big game gun. Everybody. Bare minimum.
Yeah, if they aren't prohibited by law from having one, they generally do.
and some of them are likely to.
Home invasions haven't caught on here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, if they aren't prohibited by law from having one, they generally do.
and some of them are likely to.

Remember the LA freeway shooting fad back in the 80's?  A guy tried that in Phoenix on a surface road, the intended victim pulled a yooie, chased down the shooter and put a cap in him.  That crap stopped right there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Remember the LA freeway shooting fad back in the 80's?  A guy tried that in Phoenix on a surface road, the intended victim pulled a yooie, chased down the shooter and put a cap in him.  That crap stopped right there.

I love a story with a happy ending!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I love a story with a happy ending!

When a society stops following the rule of law, every crime carries the death penalty.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Probably just a coincidence, I suppose :P

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I imagine much the same would happen here.
Consider the average rancher or farmer in these parts can easily hit a dinner plate at 300 yards...and even a lot of folks who live in town grew up on the farm.  Chances the wannabe sniper would be facing countersniper fire pretty quick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rustynail

Where the highest number of guns are located,of course.

Not that anyone knows that number because most of them are stolen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!