Author Topic: House Judiciary releases McGahn testimony on Trump  (Read 667 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Judiciary releases McGahn testimony on Trump
« on: June 10, 2021, 12:05:05 am »
House Judiciary releases McGahn testimony on Trump
By Rebecca Beitsch,Harper Neidig and Morgan Chalfant - 06/09/21 06:34 PM EDT

Former White House counsel Don McGahn confirmed to congressional investigators a key account in ex-special counsel Robert Mueller’s report that former President Trump directed him to try to get Mueller removed, according to a transcript of his closed-door testimony released Wednesday.

The 241-page transcript follows a long fought-for interview the House Judiciary Committee finally secured with McGahn on Friday after the Trump White House challenged a subpoena seeking his testimony during Trump’s first impeachment investigation. The transcript shows that the interview yielded little new information but confirmed some of the details of Mueller’s lengthy report on his 22-month investigation that concluded in March 2018 and with which McGahn cooperated.

Trump has persistently denied any effort to fire Mueller amid the long inquiry, which probed allegations that members of Trump’s team had colluded with Russian figures during his 2016 presidential campaign. Yet in Friday’s interview, McGahn directly disputed Trump’s claims, repeatedly laying out Trump’s consideration of firing Mueller.

“Well, you know, he certainly entertained the idea. Certainly seemed to ask a number of people about it. Certainly had a number of conversations with me about something along those lines,” McGahn told lawmakers.

“So, you know, it was disappointing that he’d come out and say, oh, it was never on the table when, certainly, at least the conflict of interest issue and whether that would preclude Mueller from being special counsel, certainly was discussed,” he added.

McGahn noted Trump’s frequent allegations that Mueller had conflicts of interest that should have disqualified him from the job, pointing to one phone call with Trump in particular.

“He wanted me to call [former Deputy Attorney General Rod] Rosenstein and inform Rod that he had conflicts. And, in the President's view, Mueller shouldn't be able to serve as special counsel because of these conflicts,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/557668-house-judiciary-releases-mcgahn-testimony-on-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: House Judiciary releases McGahn testimony on Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:06:05 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:44:24 pm »
A different reaction from that of The SHill:

So much for McGahnMas -- "anti-climactic" end to Russiagate

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/06/10/so-much-for-mcgahnmas-anti-climactic-end-to-russiagate-n395753

It took House Democrats two years to get Donald Trump’s former White House counsel to testify. It took a few hours to realize what a waste of time that effort had been.

After special counsel Robert Mueller declined to pursue obstruction charges against Trump, Jerrold Nadler and other Democrats focused on McGahn’s contribution to Mueller’s report as a potential source for evidence of obstruction. McGahn and the White House resisted that kind of interrogation for as long as Trump was in office, but eventually McGahn agreed to a deal in which he testified in closed session at the House Judiciary Committee. The Associated Press (via the Washington Post) tries to make this sound interesting, but pay attention to the obstruction dog that never barks.

McGahnmas was a Nothingburger, unsurprisingly. In resisting McGahn's subpoena Trump was just defending separation of powers, and possibly trolling the Dems. Also unsurprisingly, Dems gobbled up Trump's bait.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 06:03:40 pm »
QUOTE:
.....Certainly seemed...

christian;
Definitely maybe, except possibly could have, coulda, woulda, shoulda.....  We are drowning in heavy shiite, p.c. b.s...
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 06:13:02 pm »
Is there something immoral or illegal about a victim wanting an unjust persecutor removed from the persecution team?

All the Americans wanted that fraud Mueller removed, too.  Preferably with a trebuchet.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 07:46:15 pm »
Emphasis added:

The biggest revelation from McGahn — stretching the term “revelation” in this case — is that he talked Trump out of serious political trouble by preventing a replay of the Saturday Night Massacre. It had been clear all along that Trump wanted Mueller recused and fired from the special-counsel position, mainly because Trump devoted a lot of his Twitter account at the time with that desire. He came close to firing Rod Rosenstein at one point in order to get Mueller fired, which again everyone knows because Trump was emoting about it all over Twitter at the time.

McGahn told the committee that he didn’t want a replay of the Watergate episode, which seemed likely if McGahn had acquiesced and pressured Rosenstein to act. He refused to call Rosenstein, lest the deputy AG offer a disastrous resignation just as Mueller was finishing up the investigation:

In the end, both Rosenstein and Mueller stuck around. The president didn’t obstruct their investigation, even though Trump would have loved to do so. These are all well-known points within the Russia-collusion investigation, which itself turned out to be a bust.

But hey, they finally got McGahn to recap these well-known episodes for them. Yay.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/06/10/so-much-for-mcgahnmas-anti-climactic-end-to-russiagate-n395753

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 08:09:14 pm »
There was nothing new in McGahn’s testimony that didn’t appear in Mueller’s report two years ago, especially not on obstruction. The fact that Trump was agitated by Mueller had been clear for years before that for anyone who paid attention to Trump’s Twitter account.

And asking McGahn to intervene without actually forcing any intervention is what’s typically known as legal advice, not obstruction.

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

06/10/21

Now that I have been totally exonerated on the Mueller Witch Hunt with a charge of No Collusion, I have often wondered, if a fake investigation is illegally started based on information provided and paid for by the DNC and the Clinton campaign, shouldn’t they be held accountable? Not to mention, wasting tens of millions of taxpayer dollars and interfering with years of a presidential administration? I fought the made-up Hoax strongly and effectively, and I won.

Then they fabricated, out of thin air, the fake allegation that I obstructed justice, and I won that too. Think of it, how can you obstruct justice when you were fighting a false and illegally submitted narrative?

This week I have been totally exonerated by the Inspector General in the clearing of Lafayette Park, despite earlier reports that it was done for political purposes.

And I have also been totally exonerated in Congress by the testimony of former White House lawyer Don McGahn. It came, it went, and it was a big “nothingburger.”

But fear not, the Radical Left, country destroying, illegal Witch Hunts continue, and I will win those too!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 04:26:26 am »
Yeah, should be held accountable, except democrats are the party of injustice and would not consider holding on of their own accountable.  They have no problem perverting justice for 6 years to get Trump based on phony manufactured evidence and false testimonys.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 04:31:31 am »

ALL LIES BY THE LEFTS. I believe NOTHING media writes.   Love to you , Virginia.  :flag: