Author Topic: Manchin says Biden has not pressured him to support elections, spending bills  (Read 311 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin says Biden has not pressured him to support elections, spending bills
By Mychael Schnell - 06/09/21 01:17 PM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said President Biden has not pressured him to support the sweeping voting rights bill he publicly opposed earlier this week, or a Democrat-only spending bill, despite the Senate’s 50-50 split.

“The president respects the institution so much because he was here and knows it better than everyone else. He does not get involved,” Manchin told Politico in an interview on Tuesday.

“I already know where he is. I know the challenges he has, and I know basically the pressure he’s receiving all the time. We’re just trying to find a balance for it,” he added.

Manchin on Sunday announced that he will vote against a sweeping bill to overhaul elections, dubbed the For the People Act, putting the fate of the legislation in question.

He also signaled that he is firmly opposed to weakening or eliminating the filibuster, which a number of Democrats think would be necessary to pass some of Biden’s key legislative proposals, including election reform.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/557572-manchin-says-biden-has-not-pressured-him-to-support-voting-rights-spending
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Anyone who trusts anything that Manchin says as the truth, are doing it at their peril.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Mojo trying to kiss up to Biden is step one in reversing himself on this issue. Mojo really doesn't want the other Dems to be mad at him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Of course he is and most of us saw this coming. Most politicians can not be trusted, especially the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of course he is and most of us saw this coming. Most politicians can not be trusted, especially the DEMS.

This is why I prefer to just be the loudmouth at the end of the bar.  It's a stool I've sat in so long it conforms to my ample bubble butt. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:54:50 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: