Author Topic: Bipartisan Senate group rules out tax hikes on infrastructure  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bipartisan Senate group rules out tax hikes on infrastructure
By Jordain Carney - 06/09/21 12:24 PM EDT

A bipartisan Senate group is taking tax increases off the table as lawmakers try to craft an infrastructure proposal after GOP talks with the White House collapsed Tuesday.

Raising taxes on high-income earners and corporations has been a key part of President Biden's infrastructure plan, making it nearly impossible to garner enough GOP support for legislation that can clear the Senate.

Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), who is in the bipartisan group, said tax increases are not under consideration as senators attempt to reach consensus on how to pay for their plan.

When asked Wednesday if tax hikes were out, Tester responded: "That's my understanding. I think there's ways to do that; hopefully it won't be smoke and mirrors. Bottom line, this is probably the hardest part from my perspective, is how you get it paid for."

The Montana Democrat stopped short of saying whether he thought the White House would support a proposal that ruled out tax increases, adding "if it's paid for, I think they would be."

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), another member of the bipartisan group, also told reporters on Wednesday that Republicans won't agree to tax increases as part of infrastructure talks.

The group is expected to be looking at a proposal of around $900 billion, but they've been careful not to publicly release a number, saying the level of spending isn't yet locked in. Biden's initial infrastructure proposal exceeded $2.2 trillion.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/557557-bipartisan-group-rules-out-tax-hikes-on-infrastructure
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Bipartisan Senate group rules out tax hikes on infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:32:56 pm »
Oh goody!  Tax hikes are in Romney's hands!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Re: Bipartisan Senate group rules out tax hikes on infrastructure
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:48:42 pm »
Oh goody!  Tax hikes are in Romney's hands!

I'm sure he'll only have American's best interests in mind.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.