Author Topic: Animal Rights Activists Seek End to Hunting and Fishing in Oregon, CSF Responds  (Read 380 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://congressionalsportsmen.org/the-media-room/news/animal-rights-activists-seek-end-to-hunting-and-fishing-in-oregon-csf-respo

Animal Rights Activists Seek End to Hunting and Fishing in Oregon, CSF Responds
June 7, 2021

On June 3, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) submitted comments to the Oregon Secretary of State challenging the ballot title language of Initiative Petition 13 (IP 13), which seeks to end all hunting, fishing, and trapping in Oregon.

IP 13, if passed, would prohibit the injuring or killing of all mammals, fish, reptiles, and amphibians, unless it occurs as an act of self-defense. In addition to prohibiting hunting and fishing, this sweeping initiative would impact common animal breeding practices, research, and education.

Once the final ballot title language is certified, initiative proponents can begin gathering the 112,020 signatures required to place the initiative on the 2022 ballot.

“End Animal Cruelty,” an animal rights activist group in Oregon, has proposed an initiative to be placed on the 2022 ballot that would eliminate all hunting, fishing, and trapping in the state of Oregon. Initiative Petition 13 (IP 13) would prohibit the injuring and killing of any mammal, fish, reptile, or amphibian, unless it resulted from an act of self-defense. The initiative would also make it a felony to engage in common animal breeding practices, including for domestic animals.

If passed, IP 13 would immediately impact Oregon’s 940,000 sportsmen and women who participate in the outdoors in support of conservation efforts, food procurement, and tradition. For generations, Oregonians from across the state have relied on Oregon’s rich natural bounty to provide fresh meat and fish for their families. The proposed initiative would also significantly impact the state’s ability to manage and protect its natural resources, wildlife, and public lands.

More at URL above...

Offline rustynail

Will this 'law' negate  tribal fishing rights?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ending hunting will lead to overpopulation, starvation, disease, and more confrontation with human populations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

Sadly, I suspect there are enough Prog Fools in the Portland metro area, Eugene area, and maybe Corvallis that I think this will pass. I seriously hope to be wrong!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.