Author Topic: Claim: Climate change is making ocean waves more powerful, threatening to erode many coastlines  (Read 411 times)

rangerrebew

Claim: Climate change is making ocean waves more powerful, threatening to erode many coastlines
10 hours ago
Charles Rotter

Sea level rise isn’t the only way climate change will devastate the coast. Our research, published today, found it is also making waves more powerful, particularly in the Southern Hemisphere.

We plotted the trajectory of these stronger waves and found the coasts of South Australia and Western Australia, Pacific and Caribbean Islands, East Indonesia and Japan, and South Africa are already experiencing more powerful waves because of global warming.

This will compound the effects of sea level rise, putting low-lying island nations in the Pacific — such as Tuvalu, Kiribati and the Marshall Islands — in further danger, and changing how we manage coasts worldwide.

But it’s not too late to stop the worst effects — that is, if we drastically and urgently cut greenhouse gas emissions.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/06/08/claim-climate-change-is-making-ocean-waves-more-powerful-threatening-to-erode-many-coastlines/

rangerrebew

It seems to me if the seas are rising and the waves intensifying, all those off shore wind farms are now a high risk. :pondering:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It seems to me if the seas are rising and the waves intensifying, all those off shore wind farms are now a high risk. :pondering:
Time to concentrate on wave powered generators then, so we can spread the ugly on the oceans.