General Category > Biden Crime Family

Hunter Biden Facilitated Deal for Democratic Consultants Now Under Federal Investigation

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Hunter Biden Facilitated Deal for Democratic Consultants Now Under Federal Investigation

Emails show Biden served as conduit between Burisma Holdings and Blue Star Strategies

Chuck Ross • June 9, 2021 5:00 am

Emails from Hunter Biden's laptop show he was instrumental in setting up a consulting deal between a Ukrainian energy company and two Democratic consultants under investigation for violating foreign lobbying laws.

Biden and colleagues at the private equity firm Rosemont Seneca helped Burisma Holdings hire Blue Star Strategies, a firm owned by former Clinton administration officials Sally Painter and Karen Tramontano. Biden's emails show he played a bigger role than anyone had known in arranging Blue Star's consulting work for Burisma. Neither Biden nor the Blue Star founders registered their work under the Lobbying Disclosure Act or the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

Biden's work as a middleman could also explain why federal prosecutors began scrutinizing Blue Star's work for Burisma. Republicans have scrutinized Biden over his work for the company, one of Ukraine's largest natural gas producers, as well as with various Chinese companies. Federal prosecutors are also investigating Biden over his tax affairs and foreign business dealings.

Politico reported that federal prosecutors in Delaware investigating Biden's taxes began probing whether Blue Star violated foreign agent laws by failing to disclose its work for Burisma. Both Biden and the Blue Star executives met with U.S. government officials to advocate on Burisma's behalf, according to congressional testimony. Biden also met with Painter in November 2015 to discuss her potential work for Burisma.

more
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/hunter-biden-facilitated-deal-for-democratic-consultants-now-under-federal-investigation/

mountaineer:
Emails show Hunter Biden ties to head of lobby firm in DOJ probe
By Samuel Chamberlain
June 21, 2021 | 7:22pm | Updated
--- Quote ---Emails found on Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop provide new details about his business relationship with the head of a consulting firm reportedly under investigation by the Justice Department.

Blue Star Strategies signed on to boost the image of Ukraine-based energy company Burisma Holdings in November 2015, while Hunter Biden was on the company’s board. Blue Star co-founder and CEO Karen Tramontano described the first son to Senate investigators in August of last year as “an acquaintance” and denied that she had spoken to him or any other Burisma board member about taking on the energy firm as a client.

But emails first reported by DailyMail.com show that on Nov. 3, 2015, days before Blue Star’s hiring, Hunter Biden told Burisma executive Vadym Pozharskyi: “Let me have one final call with them and verify once more that they understand the scope so we can all feel the retainer is in line with the work required. I trust [Blue Star co-founder] Sally [Painter] and Karen implicitly so I believe we are all aligned but I want to have one last conversation with them to confirm before we proceed.”

Two days later, Hunter confirmed to Pozharskyi that “[Fellow Burisma board member] Devon [Archer] and I do feel comfortable with BS [Blue Star] and the ability of Sally & Karen to deliver … Looking forward to getting started on this.” ...
--- End quote ---
More at NY Post

Wingnut:
Is/was there a deal Hunter touched  that was not shady?  The guy has slime ball written all over him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version