Author Topic: Federal Prosecutors Tell Cuomo To Cough Up His Book Materials For Probe Into Nursing Home Coverup  (Read 1886 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Federal Prosecutors Tell Cuomo To Cough Up His Book Materials For Probe Into Nursing Home Coverup
June 8, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

Federal prosecutors are once again broadening their investigation into New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s nursing home scandal by asking for documents and communications related to the Democrat’s book, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Federal prosecutors have subpoenaed the correspondence, contracts, and other information surrounding the makings of Cuomo’s October 2020 book deal from editors and state officials. The documents and communications in “American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic,” officials say, could give them a greater perspective on how Cuomo’s administration manipulated data to cover up the death toll scandal.

Federal officials first focused their efforts on investigating how Cuomo, his administration, and the state’s Health Department severely undercounted the number of COVID-related deaths in nursing homes during the COVID-19 pandemic following the Democrat’s March 25, 2020 order, which said elderly patients infected with the virus but discharged from hospitals should return to their care facilities. While the state initially reported just shy of 6,500 coronavirus deaths in nursing homes, the number omitted patients infected in nursing homes who later died in hospitals. Some estimate the deaths to be closer to 9,000, a number hidden from the public last summer.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/08/federal-prosecutors-tell-cuomo-to-cough-up-his-book-materials-for-probe-into-nursing-home-coverup/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's looking like he covered up the scandals to enhance the sales of his book.  Quid Pro Quo.  That said, how likely is Gardner to actually do something besides covering up the cover up?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's looking like he covered up the scandals to enhance the sales of his book.  Quid Pro Quo.  That said, how likely is Gardner to actually do something besides covering up the cover up?

Kwomo the Killer is an prime and extreme example of how we have not held our political leaders accountible for heinous misdeeds.
There is still a micro shred of hope in my mind that this SOB does jail time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Federal Prosecutors Tell Cuomo To Cough Up His Book Materials For Probe Into Nursing Home Coverup

Oh Oh, looks like Cuomo better get on the horn to the guy that wrote his book and hope there is some actual material for the story he pulled out of his Azz.

Online mountaineer

David Harsanyi
@davidharsanyi
Considering that the number of people Cuomo sent to die in nursing homes during COVID is higher than total gun homicides in NY over the past 8 years, maybe he should declare himself a public health emergency.
11:09 AM · Jul 7, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Nothing will come of this.  He's a democrat, after all.  This is just a pre-emptive strike to create the illusion that it was all "investigated" and therefore is old news that cannot be held against Cuomo when he runs for president, as he most assuredly will do at some point in time.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty, my dear friend, I have written this several times (not the part about your being my dear friend), but I will say it again, then order his book, as I want dates things happened:

Okay, I will start at the beginning: An older person lives in a nursing home.  The operative word is "home".  The nursing "home" is the person's "home"; the person has no other "home". 

Older person living in nursing home, goes into hospital for operation or illness of some kind.  When hospital has done their work, patient may go "home".  "Home" is the nursing "home" but the nursing "home" will not take the person back until the patient meets their standard of accepting older people even though this person has lived there 15 years or whatever. 

Because nursing homes were doing this, a law/rule was made; nursing homes must take their elderly residents back when a hospital dismisses these patients.

At the beginning of this virus attack, hospitals were releasing patients they thought were getting better and did not need hospital care anymore.  It was not known then that these patients were still spreading the virus to others at nursing homes.  Once that was known,  hospitals stopped sending patients home even though they were better.

Now, I will get his book as a starting place and trace this matter of nursing homes and their residents to determine exactly what happened when.  I want to know.

Offline Kamaji

@Cyber Liberty, my dear friend, I have written this several times (not the part about your being my dear friend), but I will say it again, then order his book, as I want dates things happened:

Okay, I will start at the beginning: An older person lives in a nursing home.  The operative word is "home".  The nursing "home" is the person's "home"; the person has no other "home". 

Older person living in nursing home, goes into hospital for operation or illness of some kind.  When hospital has done their work, patient may go "home".  "Home" is the nursing "home" but the nursing "home" will not take the person back until the patient meets their standard of accepting older people even though this person has lived there 15 years or whatever. 

Because nursing homes were doing this, a law/rule was made; nursing homes must take their elderly residents back when a hospital dismisses these patients.

At the beginning of this virus attack, hospitals were releasing patients they thought were getting better and did not need hospital care anymore.  It was not known then that these patients were still spreading the virus to others at nursing homes.  Once that was known,  hospitals stopped sending patients home even though they were better.

Now, I will get his book as a starting place and trace this matter of nursing homes and their residents to determine exactly what happened when.  I want to know.

Simple:  order the hospitals to retain those patients.  But the hospitals won't do that because it's contrary to their financial incentives. 

It's all about the benjamins, not about patient care, and the worst offenders are the so-called nonprofits, which like to hypocritically sell themselves as caring only about patients, not profits.  Bull.

Online libertybele

Simple:  order the hospitals to retain those patients.  But the hospitals won't do that because it's contrary to their financial incentives. 

It's all about the benjamins, not about patient care, and the worst offenders are the so-called nonprofits, which like to hypocritically sell themselves as caring only about patients, not profits.  Bull.

:yowsa:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Okay, hard cover book will be here tomorrow (hard cover less expensive than paperback).  Started to put it on my BRAND NEW AMAZON TABLET-8 PLUS) that has Kindle on it, but I will likely want to underline bits and pieces on this Cuomo book so got hard cover:

"American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic Hardcover – October 13, 2020
by Andrew Cuomo (Author)"

Tomorrow, do not bother me, will be reading, drinking, smoking, making notes in above book.  No tobacco, no nicotine, "Southern Tipps Menthol".  Drinking Diet Coke in double-sided 16 oz. glass, cover on it, place for its straw.  Paper tablet for notes (so many years in university taking notes, still do it; writing it is backup for brain notes).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:40:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

@Kamaji
@libertybele

Kamaji said: "Simple:  order the hospitals to retain those patients.  But the hospitals won't do that because it's contrary to their financial incentives."

No, not simple, complicated.  "Who" orders hospitals to retain those patients?  One cannot simply "tell" hospitals to do "X".  Kamaji, Can you do that?  No, neither can liberty or I.  There are laws about dealing with human bodies, alive and dead.  Hospital organizations have rules dealing with human bodies.

When one goes into the hospital as a patient, there are rules every hospital employee must follow regarding your body.  You do not see those rules/laws, but they are hanging onto your body parts and everyone there knows the rules about the body part of which they are responsible.

@Cyber Liberty - how about a drawing with instruction tags attached to body parts.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Kamaji
@libertybele

Kamaji said: "Simple:  order the hospitals to retain those patients.  But the hospitals won't do that because it's contrary to their financial incentives."

No, not simple, complicated.  "Who" orders hospitals to retain those patients?  One cannot simply "tell" hospitals to do "X".  Kamaji, Can you do that?  No, neither can liberty or I.  There are laws about dealing with human bodies, alive and dead.  Hospital organizations have rules dealing with human bodies.

When one goes into the hospital as a patient, there are rules every hospital employee must follow regarding your body.  You do not see those rules/laws, but they are hanging onto your body parts and everyone there knows the rules about the body part of which they are responsible.

@Cyber Liberty - how about a drawing with instruction tags attached to body parts.

@Victoria33

Cuomo not only forced the nursing homes to accept COVID patients, he also issued an order prohibiting the homes from even testing the patients to see if they had active COVID.

The idea was to not make people who are still sick "feel bad."  It was the typical leftist policy driver:  "It's all about the Feeelz."  Not one concern about human lives.

You won't find that in the Cuomo Propaganda Handbook you're getting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji
@libertybele

If Mr. Cuomo has the authority to order various health care providers - such as nursing homes - to do or not do something - and last I checked, hospitals are subject to comprehensive state regulation and control - then he could damned well have ordered the hospitals to retain those patients and not release them until a suitable more permanent position had been found.

Instead, he chose to send them willy-nilly back to the most vulnerable population one could find.  He might as well have taken a box of hand grenades, pulled all the pins out, and handed them over to the seniors with instructions to "not drop them".

Hospitals don't want to retain patients for longer than a few weeks because the money stops coming in after that - I know this for hard, cold facts because several aged family members have been thrown out of the hospital, not because they were ready to go, but because the period of maximum reimbursement from medicare and medicaid was coming to an end.

So please, let's stop the nonsense.  Cuomo ordered nursing homes to take in sick, infected patients, without regard for the safety or welfare of the people already there, because it was to the financial benefit of the large hospitals in NY, who have a lot more pull over him than the nursing home providers do.  On Long Island now there are, de facto, only two hospitals - Northwell Health and St. Francis.  Several years ago there were at least three other providers, but they were all bought out by Northwell Health, without so much as a peep from Cuomo or the NY government.

It is all about the benjamins, and the hospitals stop getting benjamins when a person has been in their facility for a certain number of days, and once those days are up, it is almost impossible to get a diagnosis - short of going in and shooting the patient in the foot - that would allow them to stay.

And yes, it leads to the premature deaths of thousands and thousands of elderly patients.

The family members I mentioned have several children who spend hours and hours each month advocating for their aged parents, hours and hours of research to fact-check, and double-check, the two-faced nonsense that comes out of the mouths of most so-called doctors, and all so they can get involved in kafkaesque games with hospital administrators.

It's disgusting, and it's all about the benjamins for the hospitals.  Got to pay for those gilded performance bonuses for upper management somehow.

Offline Kamaji

@Victoria33

Cuomo not only forced the nursing homes to accept COVID patients, he also issued an order prohibiting the homes from even testing the patients to see if they had active COVID.

The idea was to not make people who are still sick "feel bad."  It was the typical leftist policy driver:  "It's all about the Feeelz."  Not one concern about human lives.

You won't find that in the Cuomo Propaganda Handbook you're getting.

Another good point.

Offline dfwgator

Nothing will come of it, Cuomo is a "Made Man".

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

You said, "Cuomo not only forced the nursing homes to accept COVID patients, he also issued an order prohibiting the homes from even testing the patients to see if they had active COVID."

You cannot use a statement like the above because you give no time relevance. You say he did this but if he did, WHEN?  Was it when a person wanted to come live at the nursing home, or was it at the time when a person was out of the hospital?  Or was it during the day at any time - like a pop test?

Now, I say this to you:  I HEARD EVERY STATEMENT CUOMO MADE EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN HE WAS GIVING DAILY REPORTS. Did you do that?  I was listening when nursing home numbers were discussed - the history of the laws/rules were explained then.

I am getting the book to have a starting place.  It appears you have accepted some crap that sounds bad, so you believe that.  And, you believe since he is a Democrat, he is s.....  That part of you disappoints me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 01:28:33 am by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

You said, "Cuomo not only forced the nursing homes to accept COVID patients, he also issued an order prohibiting the homes from even testing the patients to see if they had active COVID."

You cannot use a statement like the above because you give no time relevance. You say he did this but if he did, WHEN?  Was it when a person wanted to come live at the nursing home, or was it at the time when a person was out of the hospital?  Or was it during the day at any time - like a pop test?

Now, I say this to you:  I HEARD EVERY STATEMENT CUOMO MADE EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN HE WAS GIVING DAILY REPORTS. Did you do that?  I was listening when nursing home numbers were discussed - the history of the laws/rules were explained then.

I am getting the book to have a starting place.  It appears you have accepted some crap that sounds bad, so you believe that.  And, you believe since he is a Democrat, he is s.....  That part of you disappoints me.

You didn't seriously believe he would talk about that in one of his Magic Governor pressers, did you?  The time frame, which for some weird reason matters, was April or May 2020.  Right when his idiocy could kill the most old people.  He was not at all disappointed, either.

Oh, about my making a reckless charge against poor old Andy...read twice the part I bolded below, and see the link for the rest of the story.  I am sorry, but I don't have a subscription to NYT.  I have to quote a story by what Andy the Dandy called a stupid "weather girl."

By Janice Dean | Fox News

On March 25, Cuomo and his health commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker issued an executive directive that required New York nursing home facilities to accept patients who were diagnosed with COVID-19 from hospitals. The reason was to free up hospital bed space for what was predicted to be an overwhelming number of people who would contract the virus.

The order stated that if a hospital determined a patient who needed nursing home care was medically stable, the home had to accept them, even if they had been treated for COVID-19. Nursing homes could not test incoming residents to see if they were newly infected or perhaps still contagious.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/janice-dean-andrew-cuomo-covid-19-american-crisis

It turns out, I know plenty.  I can't wait to read the stuff you will be highlighting from your sage's book.  And do try not to tell me I don't know shit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Y'all might find this of interest when calculating timelines: Navy hospital ship sent to NYC for outbreak no longer needed, says Cuomo
Jennifer Peltz, The Associated Press , Marina Villeneuve , and Michael Hill, The Associated Press April 21, 2020

Note the date, and that
The Navy ship arrived March 30 as state and city officials scrambled to add hospital beds to prepare for a potentially catastrophic surge in COVID-19 cases.
also....
The Comfort has treated 179 patients, with 56 on board Tuesday.
(Same source)

According to https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/03/29/covid-19-screening-uncertainties-loom-over-hospital-ship-comfort-as-trump-bids-sailors-bon-voyage/ ,The Comfort was not intended to handle COVID patients, but provide a place for hospital patients free of the disease to be treated.

The Comfort is expected to arrive in New York on Monday, where it will bring with it “12 operating rooms, [up to 1,000] hospital beds, a medical laboratory, a pharmacy, an optometry lab, digital radiology, a CAT scan, two oxygen-producing plants and a helicopter deck,” a DoD release said.

That bed space should have been fungible...

Not to mention field hospitals set up in several locations which sometimes went without seeing a patient.

All in the same time frame, however that relates to the nursing home issue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline art.prout

You didn't seriously believe he would talk about that in one of his Magic Governor pressers, did you?  The time frame, which for some weird reason matters, was April or May 2020.  Right when his idiocy could kill the most old people.  He was not at all disappointed, either.

Oh, about my making a reckless charge against poor old Andy...read twice the part I bolded below, and see the link for the rest of the story.  I am sorry, but I don't have a subscription to NYT.  I have to quote a story by what Andy the Dandy called a stupid "weather girl."

By Janice Dean | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/janice-dean-andrew-cuomo-covid-19-american-crisis

It turns out, I know plenty.  I can't wait to read the stuff you will be highlighting from your sage's book.  And do try not to tell me I don't know shit.

Pardon me as a newcomer to these parts, but it appears that you are trying to talk sense to someone that is delusional.

Just my observations, you may know better.