Author Topic: Navy Finds 32 Problems with Littoral Combat Ships  (Read 642 times)

rangerrebew

Navy Finds 32 Problems with Littoral Combat Ships
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:58:20 am »
 Navy Finds 32 Problems with Littoral Combat Ships
Study reveals “key reliability issues” and maintenance averaging up to two weeks per month to fix.

By Caitlin M. Kenney
Staff Reporter
June 8, 2021 04:29 PM ET

The Navy has identified almost three dozen upgrades and fixes that are needed for the littoral combat ships to improve their reliability, and has selected a commander to oversee the ship’s improvement efforts.

“We found…there were about 32 key reliability issues across both variants that were impacting our ability to get underway and meet those fleet commander requirements,” Vice Adm. Roy Kitchener, the commander of Naval Surface Forces, told reporters Monday.

Last year, Kitchener launched a “study” of maintenance and reliability problems that cut into deployments. It follows a 2016 review that established better LCS training and manning methods..

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2021/06/navy-finds-32-problems-littoral-combat-ships/174588/

rangerrebew

Re: Navy Finds 32 Problems with Littoral Combat Ships
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 12:00:33 pm »
What's the big problem?  Only 32 problems means it's d*mn near perfect - for the Navy.  I remember the carrier I was on going dead in the water while conducting blue water flight ops.  Now, that is a problem. *bouche*

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Navy Finds 32 Problems with Littoral Combat Ships
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 05:42:29 pm »
What's the big problem?  Only 32 problems means it's d*mn near perfect - for the Navy.  I remember the carrier I was on going dead in the water while conducting blue water flight ops.  Now, that is a problem. *bouche*
Well they should have never shipped the oars.