State Chapters > Texas

Woman who lied in 911 calls about Harding Street neighbors sentenced to 40 months in federal prison

(1/2) > >>

Elderberry:
Houston Chronicle by St. John Barned-Smith 6/8/2021

More than two years before, in the thrall of drug addiction and alcohol, she had called police and told them her neighbors were drug dealers. That her daughter — she had no daughter — was in a neighbor’s house, and police needed to rescue her. That they had guns. And that police would probably need to swarm the house unannounced, because the people inside might resist.

When she’d made the call, she wasn’t in her right mind, she told U.S. Judge George C. Hanks. She’d made a bad decision. She’d never meant for police to storm into the house of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas weeks later, and turn their home into a shooting gallery, killing them.

“I'm so sorry for my 911 call,” she said. “And the false calls I made.”

Hanks was unmoved. He didn’t believe her, he said.

Hanks sentenced Garcia to 40 months in federal prison, and three years supervised release, significantly more than the 10 to 16 months imprisonment and home confinement for which Garcia’s public defender had argued.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Woman-who-lied-in-911-calls-about-Harding-Street-16233347.php

Smokin Joe:
40 months? Two people died as a result of those calls. Should be more like 40 years!

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 09, 2021, 01:08:37 am ---40 months? Two people died as a result of those calls. Should be more like 40 years!

--- End quote ---

@Smokin Joe 

I agree. IMO,"accomplice to murder x 2" would have been an appropriate charge.

BTW,I also think the cops in a leadership position that authorized the SWAT Raid need to be charged as accomplices,also.

Are we REALLY supposed to believe the cops spent a week or more watching that couple and their home as well as doing background searches on them,and STILL pulled a no-knock ASSAULT with armed SWAT officers on their house?

WTH ever happened to knocking on the GD door and showing a search warrant?

ANY cop that took part in that raid needs to be ashamed of themselves.

Free Vulcan:
She'd have gotten a lot more from me.

I call bs, are you yelling me they couldnt tell she was drunk + high, and constantly escalating the accusations?

Sounds like the popo wanted to raid that house for some macho time.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on June 09, 2021, 03:34:32 am ---She'd have gotten a lot more from me.

I call bs, are you yelling me they couldnt tell she was drunk + high, and constantly escalating the accusations?

Sounds like the popo wanted to raid that house for some macho time.

--- End quote ---

@Free Vulcan

BINGO! Adrenaline junkies looking to get their "fix" taken care of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version