Author Topic: The U.S. is not ready for an all-electric future  (Read 829 times)

rangerrebew

The U.S. is not ready for an all-electric future
« on: June 08, 2021, 04:49:24 pm »

The U.S. is not ready for an all-electric future

05/22/2021 / By News Editors

The setting of a net-zero target by the Biden Administration was the first step toward decarbonization of the energy system and industry. But having a target is the easiest part of America’s energy transition. Now comes the much more difficult part of making all those proposals and ideas for a greener future work.

Emissions reduction, decarbonization of the U.S. power grid by 2035, and increased electrification in the transportation and buildings sectors will require an enormous amount of investment from industry as well as government support.

The challenges will be not only to raise trillions of U.S. dollars of investment—the sooner the better—but also to change consumer perception about electric vehicles (EVs) and space heating, for example, as well as persuade communities to host exponentially growing solar and wind power generating facilities.

https://www.pollution.news/2021-05-22-us-not-ready-for-all-electric-future.html

Online dfwgator

Re: The U.S. is not ready for an all-electric future
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 05:09:58 pm »
EVs are the future, and always will be.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 05:44:26 pm »
EV's may be the future but there will be unexpected costs and growing pains.

It just means my future is getting more expensive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 09:02:39 pm »
Incredibly expensive. Just to totally electrify the US transportation system will take the construction of at least 3000 1200 MW nuclear plants, or about 3000000 windmills. This is beyond the combined industrial capacities of the entire planet.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 12:10:45 am »
Incredibly expensive. Just to totally electrify the US transportation system will take the construction of at least 3000 1200 MW nuclear plants, or about 3000000 windmills. This is beyond the combined industrial capacities of the entire planet.
So if I get you right, at current technology level, it will occur on the twelfth of never.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 01:16:28 am »
Not ready?

I'm shocked!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 04:54:51 pm »
Not ready?

I'm shocked!

And electrified!
Are you amped up yet?
Are you current on changes in this?

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 05:03:54 pm »
No one has a right to 24/7/365 electrical power.  With smart allocation techniques there can be  adequate power for most  transportation on an as needed basis.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 05:19:56 pm »
Not only not ready, but hopefully some dipshit dims will realize that this stupid conversion is going to put us at a significant competitive disadvantage across the board in every aspect.

Our enemies are licking their chops at our stupidity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:52 pm »
catfish complains:
"...hopefully some dipshit dims will realize that this stupid conversion is going to put us at a significant competitive disadvantage across the board in every aspect."

Did it occur to you that that might be their INTENT...?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 12:22:41 am »
And electrified!
Are you amped up yet?
Are you current on changes in this?
Watt changes? What did they switch now?
I know it hertz, but I have to put up as much resistance as I can.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 12:23:14 am »
catfish complains:
"...hopefully some dipshit dims will realize that this stupid conversion is going to put us at a significant competitive disadvantage across the board in every aspect."

Did it occur to you that that might be their INTENT...?
Why, yes. Yes, it did.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 12:27:35 am »
No one has a right to 24/7/365 electrical power.  With smart allocation techniques there can be  adequate power for most  transportation on an as needed basis.
First, say that when it is -30 out. No electricity, that forced air gas furnace is just another thing in the basement. A couple of hours and the best insulated (non earth-bermed) houses are 'chilly' at best.

Second, I have seen some of the things considered "smart".  **nononono* 'nuff said.

Who decides what is "needed" by whom?
(Do we have to wear masks?)

As I have been saying, the next Holdomor will be over energy.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 12:37:54 am »

WRONG!
Who determines the needs?
Right now there is only a small reserve margin to cover higher than normal usage.
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,437895.msg2436586.html#msg2436586
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:42:35 am by Joe Wooten »