Author Topic: The left hates Joe Manchin. His fellow Senate Dems are staying quiet.  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The left hates Joe Manchin. His fellow Senate Dems are staying quiet.

Yet angst is quietly rising inside the Democratic caucus over his approach. “Of course I’m frustrated. Who isn’t frustrated?” one Democratic senator said.

By BURGESS EVERETT and MARIANNE LEVINE

06/07/2021 07:24 PM EDT

Joe Manchin is sparking outright fury from liberals — with some Black Democrats invoking Jim Crow laws and Mitch McConnell as they blast the West Virginian's resistance to a sweeping elections bill. Manchin’s fellow Senate Democrats are being far more conciliatory.

After all, the 50-vote Senate majority needs Manchin's vote to do just about anything. So not even its most progressive members seem to want to poke the bear.

Yet angst is quietly rising inside the Democratic caucus over Manchin’s approach. He opposes changing the rules for filibustering legislation, challenges the urgency of pursuing a party-line infrastructure spending bill and plans to vote against his party's high-profile elections bill. And amid Manchin's reluctance, it’s not clear at the moment how Democrats will break through on the priorities they campaigned on for years.

“Of course I’m frustrated. Who isn’t frustrated?” said one Senate Democrat who requested anonymity to speak freely. “Do you want to see the patches where I pulled my hair out?”

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/07/joe-manchin-voting-rights-bill-492072
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

They're quiet because they know whats coming.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They're quiet because they know whats coming.
Would that be the flip or the flop? Or maybe Manchin will just perform his West Virginia version of the Sidestep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emc1M5F9I-E

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Manchen might quit the Rat Party, but he won't go Republican, he'll go Independent and will Caucus with the Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sad that the republic's survival is dependent on two folks, Manchin and Sinema.  This should never be the case.

West Virginia has gone conservative in recent years, and Manchin is at a crossroads.  He stays Dem, I say his political career is finished.