Author Topic: Liz Cheney: ‘Inexcusable’ McCarthy ‘Embracing’ Trump After January 6  (Read 735 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: ‘Inexcusable’ McCarthy ‘Embracing’ Trump After January 6

Pam Key 7 Jun 2021

During an interview with David Axelrod’s “The Axe Files” podcast, Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-WY) discussed House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) visiting former President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago after the January 6 Capitol Hill riot.

Cheney called the move by McCarthy “inexcusable” during a portion of the interview highlighted Monday on CNN’s “At This Hour.”

Cheney said, “As I said, I think what Donald Trump did is the most dangerous thing, the most egregious violation of an oath of office of any president in our history. And so the idea that a few weeks after he did that, the leader of the Republicans in the House would be at Mar-a-Lago, essentially, you know, pleading with him to somehow come back into the fold, or whatever it was he was doing, to me was inexcusable.”

She added, “This isn’t a policy disagreement. You know, this is the president provoking an attack on the Capitol to prevent us from counting electoral votes. Both McCarthy and Scalise certainly McCarthy made clear that he understood that that’s what had happened in his remarks on the floor on January 13th. There is no question in the days after the attack what happened. There is no question who was responsible then. But then, of course, Kevin McCarthy decided to go Mar-a-Lago at the end of January. I think that was a real moment where it became clear we weren’t going to be able to move forward and focus on substance and policy because we had had leaders who were embracing the president who had had just been impeached.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/07/liz-cheney-inexcusable-mccarthy-embracing-trump-after-january-6/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The broad is STILL crying?

Hopefully there's a camera on her face when the WY congressional primary results come through.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What's that whiny, tinny sound I hear coming from the basement?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's that whiny, tinny sound I hear coming from the basement?

That's the sound a political suicide in progress makes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The broad is STILL crying?

Hopefully there's a camera on her face when the WY congressional primary results come through.

I'd like to sell tickets on a PPV basis.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Keep digging that hole, Liz.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Scold her all you want, but if that Republican currently running against her in Wyoming (the one who got the 14-year-old pregnant) stays in the primary race, Ms. Cheney is almost certainly going to keep her seat...

Offline MajorClay

Liz Cheney is inexcusable.

Offline skeeter

Scold her all you want, but if that Republican currently running against her in Wyoming (the one who got the 14-year-old pregnant) stays in the primary race, Ms. Cheney is almost certainly going to keep her seat...
Dunno. If the voters are p*ssed enough to vote against instead of for you could run a dachshund against her & she will lose.