Author Topic: Supreme Court rules against immigrants with temporary status  (Read 540 times)

rangerrebew

Supreme Court rules against immigrants with temporary status
Politics

by: MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press   
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 / 10:54 AM CDT   / Updated: Jun 7, 2021 / 10:54 AM CDT   

WASHINGTON (AP) — A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Monday that thousands of people living in the U.S. for humanitarian reasons are ineligible to apply to become permanent residents.

Justice Elena Kagan wrote for the court that federal immigration law prohibits people who entered the country illegally and now have Temporary Protected Status from seeking “green cards” to remain in the country permanently.

The designation applies to people who come from countries ravaged by war or disaster. It protects them from deportation and allows them to work legally. There are 400,000 people from 12 countries with TPS status.

https://www.borderreport.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-against-immigrants-with-temporary-status/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Supreme Court rules against immigrants with temporary status
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 05:08:31 pm »
Another unanimous decision!  There have been a bunch of these lately, more than usual.  Something's up with the SCOTUS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 05:25:10 pm »
Another unanimous decision!  There have been a bunch of these lately, more than usual.  Something's up with the SCOTUS.
Sending a signal maybe... Pack the court libs...just try and pack it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 05:30:53 pm »
Sending a signal maybe... Pack the court libs...just try and pack it.

That's what I'm thinking.  The signal is coming from the Kagan wing of the Court.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: