Author Topic: Oh, the trauma!  (Read 877 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Oh, the trauma!
« on: June 07, 2021, 05:13:32 am »
So, I'm sitting at my computer watching a vid in full-screen mode and up pops an ad that's a full-screen image of Schumer's face. It was as if an image of a roach had popped up up on my screen! I have no idea what he was saying because I instantly I start hollering "Oh hell no! Oh hell no!" But you're forced to watch 5 seconds before you can skip the ad. I was ready with the mouse.

It's one thing to see him on TV. It's quite another to see him face-to-face with me on my large computer screen. Just ewwwwww. Can I get a little sympathy here?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 05:14:59 am by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Oh, the trauma!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 05:40:46 am »
So, I'm sitting at my computer watching a vid in full-screen mode and up pops an ad that's a full-screen image of Schumer's face. It was as if an image of a roach had popped up up on my screen! I have no idea what he was saying because I instantly I start hollering "Oh hell no! Oh hell no!" But you're forced to watch 5 seconds before you can skip the ad. I was ready with the mouse.

It's one thing to see him on TV. It's quite another to see him face-to-face with me on my large computer screen. Just ewwwwww. Can I get a little sympathy here?

Add-On for your browser... UBlock Origin. Remove any other ad-blockers before installing, MoBedda.

Might not be sympathy... Mostly remedy. Can't do a thing for your eyeballs now, but we can try to keep it from happening again... I seldom see ads of any kind.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 04:06:55 pm »
Add-On for your browser... UBlock Origin. Remove any other ad-blockers before installing, MoBedda.

Embarrassed to say that I don't know how to do that, but now that COVID's not ruling our days, I'm going to try to get a geek over here to see if we can bring my 12-year-old desktop back to its former glory. I seem to be in a small category of people who prefer their desktops to their other devices. Could it have to do with the fact that I can't type 70 wpm on my other devices as I can here?  :shrug:

Thanks for your help, @roamer_1 .

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 04:26:46 pm »
Embarrassed to say that I don't know how to do that, but now that COVID's not ruling our days, I'm going to try to get a geek over here to see if we can bring my 12-year-old desktop back to its former glory. I seem to be in a small category of people who prefer their desktops to their other devices. Could it have to do with the fact that I can't type 70 wpm on my other devices as I can here?  :shrug:

Thanks for your help, @roamer_1 .

TWELVE years old? Yeah, you'd do better to find something a bit newer, jussayin. A decent 5 year old box is pretty easy to find under a hundred bucks. But yeah... I still much prefer a full keyboard, just like you, though I tend to be on a laptop most of the time... And run my other boxen from it. I like not being tied down to my desk. Right now I am at the table eating breakfast AND running a job over on my desk... and I will continue out on the porch with my coffee...

I can help you install Ublock... If you'd tell me which browser(s) you use.

@AllThatJazzZ